RE305 v3 Not able to connect to 5GHz host network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE305 v3 Not able to connect to 5GHz host network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
63 Reply
Re:RE305 v3 Not able to connect to 5GHz host network
2021-08-05 17:24:47

Re305 extender is not detecting 5GHz channel of my router though it is detecting other 5Ghz network

Can anyone help me solve this?

Options
Re:RE305 v3 Not able to connect to 5GHz host network-Solution
2021-08-06 09:25:29 - last edited 2022-02-17 08:28:28

@Deep09 Hello every one, 

As this thread is a bit old, we suggest starting a new thread with case here and we could try to help look into the concern further. 

Case 1: RE is not detecting 5Ghz Signal: 
Kindly refer to this thread and change router' s 5Ghz channel to 36/40/44/48 with the help from router's support. 

[Troubleshooting] TP-Link Range Extender is not detecting the 5GHz Signal of the Main Router
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/265818

Case2: RE could see router's 5Ghz but failed to connect to 5Ghz: 

1) Double-check the 5Ghz Wi-Fi password, and users could verify 5Ghz wifi password by forget and reconnect 5Ghz Wi-Fi on the phone:

Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's 5Ghz WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router 5Ghz wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

2)Change 5Ghz wireless security to WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES recommended)
And try 5Ghz channel 36/40/44/48

If the issue persists, please start a new thread here with the information below to help locate the fix the issue. 

1- model and hardware version & country version (EU/ US/ UK etc.)of your device

2- model of router

3- photo of router's 5Ghz wireless settings  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:RE305 v3 Not able to connect to 5GHz host network
2022-01-01 20:06:40

tesla-s3xy wrote

My host router from ISP Ziggo in Netherlands and the issue with RE305 v3 is only with connecting to the 5GHz host network on a secured mode. I changed the host router security settings between WPA2-PSK & WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and suitably changed it RE305 extender, but no luck with RE305 getting connected on 5GHz network. Only if there was no security set in host router for the 5GHz connection, RE305 is able to connect on the 5GHz network and obviously that cannot be solution due to snooping / unsecure connection. When RE305 does the scanning it is able to find the 5Ghz netwok though. So don't suspect an issue with the 5Ghz channel settings either - it is set to 802.11 a/n/ac mixed mode on channel 48.

I had a different problem with RE305 v1 and exchanged the router with the retailer and just got a new one which was RE305 v3. In fact for 6 months had range extender setup working fine in RE305 v1, but two weeks ago it started giving the problem with no internet connection after you connect to the network on the extendeter. It's a pity that I now have a problem on day 1 with a new RE305 v3 version - does not go well with confidence on the brand

Firmware is also the latest and factory reset is also not helping. Seems to be a bug in the firmware to me (not able to deduce anything else). WPS mode also did not work fyi. Has anyone else faced the issue ?

If there is no solution to this, i might have to dump this all together and go for another brand

@tesla-s3xy 

yes...I have struggling with same issue since 3 days... before that it was working perfecttly fine on both bands. Now only 2.4GHz works on the extender RE305.

tesla-s3xy wrote

My host router from ISP Ziggo in Netherlands and the issue with RE305 v3 is only with connecting to the 5GHz host network on a secured mode. I changed the host router security settings between WPA2-PSK & WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and suitably changed it RE305 extender, but no luck with RE305 getting connected on 5GHz network. Only if there was no security set in host router for the 5GHz connection, RE305 is able to connect on the 5GHz network and obviously that cannot be solution due to snooping / unsecure connection. When RE305 does the scanning it is able to find the 5Ghz netwok though. So don't suspect an issue with the 5Ghz channel settings either - it is set to 802.11 a/n/ac mixed mode on channel 48.

I had a different problem with RE305 v1 and exchanged the router with the retailer and just got a new one which was RE305 v3. In fact for 6 months had range extender setup working fine in RE305 v1, but two weeks ago it started giving the problem with no internet connection after you connect to the network on the extendeter. It's a pity that I now have a problem on day 1 with a new RE305 v3 version - does not go well with confidence on the brand

Firmware is also the latest and factory reset is also not helping. Seems to be a bug in the firmware to me (not able to deduce anything else). WPS mode also did not work fyi. Has anyone else faced the issue ?

If there is no solution to this, i might have to dump this all together and go for another brand

Options