deco m5 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco m5 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deco m5 firmware update
deco m5 firmware update
2019-08-04 13:38:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have a question about the deco M5 firmware updates.

I have 5 deco wired through ethernet working ok most of the time. But I have an issue upgrading the firmware when a new version is released. The app only upgrades the first deco connected to the modem, and then says that all decos have latest firmware, which is not the case.

So what I have to do each and every time is disconnecting all decos and wiring each one directly to the modem. Then obviously I have to set up again all decos one by one.

Is there any easier method to update through the app please?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:deco m5 firmware update
2019-08-05 01:38:42

@dizzy_one 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? And what are their operation modes?

Try to connect one slave Deco to the main Deco only, with other Decos powered off, try to update the firmware of the slave Deco.

Meanwhile, you can try to reboot the Deco nodes and modem to give it a go; 

Besides, please ensure that the Deco app is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:deco m5 firmware update
2019-08-05 05:39:59

They are daisy chained one after each other, set as AP. And the first one directly to the modem.

I already tried connecting just one slave but not detecting that a firmware update is needed like that.

Options
Re:Re:Re:deco m5 firmware update
2019-08-06 07:14:52

@dizzy_one 

Thanks for your reply. 

Cause they have been updated to the latest firmware, you can keep an eye on it when the next firmware released. 

Meanwhile, we can use the web UI to update the firmware of the Deco; do not have to connect each Deco to the main modem to do that. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2380

Replies: 3

Related Articles