Speed and Connection Stability Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 14:00:44
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.63587n

I am currently on a 60 Mbps plan but my dl speeds are not upto that mark but my upload speeds are constant. Even my connection is fluctuating. I check with the operator once and after direct LAN connection the speeds are thrusting above 60 mbps. I am literally out of ideas. 

Any solution would be highly appreciated.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-05 02:27:25 - last edited 2019-08-05 02:27:39

@MercyKiller 

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the C20 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

Click here to get the wired negotiatiion speed.

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

Meanwhile, please check the information mentioned above with your device connected to the modem directly so that we can do a comparison analysis

Besides, there is a FAQ you can reference to narrow down the issue. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-05 04:49:25

Network Provider : Meghbela Broadband

Topology : Bus

Kevin_Z wrote

@MercyKiller 

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the C20 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

Click here to get the wired negotiatiion speed.

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

Meanwhile, please check the information mentioned above with your device connected to the modem directly so that we can do a comparison analysis

Besides, there is a FAQ you can reference to narrow down the issue. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-06 07:46:46 - last edited 2019-08-06 07:47:40

@MercyKiller 

Thanks for your reply.

What is the wired speed you can get from the Archer C50 directly? Is it near to the bandwidth you paid? 

Besides, the bandwidth is 60Mbps, while you can get about 40Mbps wireless speed, considering the interference/obstruction, the wireless speed will be slower than the wired connection; however, you still can try to customize some wireless settings to give it a go.

For example, change the wireless channel of 5GHz to channel 36, 40 or 44. and channel width to 80MHz.

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date also.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-08 15:00:36

I get over 60 mbps on wired connection. And will let you know after tweaking the settings. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-08 18:26:05

Also could you suggest a Tp link router which will provide better speeds and coverage?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-09 01:27:52

@MercyKiller 

The wired speed you get from the Archer C60 is good as expected; you can take some time to test its performance after you changed the wireless settings.

Besides, there are some routers which have better performance than the Archer C60, like the Deco series, they can builb up a mesh wifi system. 

https://www.tp-link.com/deco/

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-09 07:23:58

My router is Archer C20 not C60. Please reply according to that.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Speed and Connection Stability Issue
2019-08-09 08:48:37

Sorry, I typed the wrong model; It is Archer C20. While the other contents are still valid. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1923

Replies: 8

Related Articles