Deco M5 5Ghz wifi cant be seen by all device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 19:05:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

It looks like my Deco M5 5Ghz band only can be seen from the same region device.

I buy Deco from Singapore, all device from Singapore can see and connect to my deco M5.

But all my device from Indonesia including all my friend from other country cant see or connect to Deco M5 5ghz band.

Is this because Deco M5 is not open 5ghz band for all region?

How to make it available for devices from other country to connect to my 5ghz band?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 5Ghz wifi cant be seen by all device
2019-08-05 01:34:11

@Sukirin 

The channel supported varies due to the country/region. 

You can detect the channel used by Deco network/other local wireless devices via the wifi analyzer.

Meanwhile, please ensure that these devices support 5GHz. And try to disable 2.4GHz to verify whether you can see 5GHz network. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 5Ghz wifi cant be seen by all device
2019-08-05 01:38:17

I already try to disable 2.4Ghz.

Still some device from other country cannot see the 5ghz network.

Is there anyway to make deco to support 5Ghz band for all channel? Regardless country?

Coz my guest cant connect to 5Ghz network.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 5Ghz wifi cant be seen by all device
2019-08-05 07:32:07

@Sukirin 

Sorry to tell you that there is no method to make Deco to support 5GHz band for all channel. It is realted to the local laws and regulations where it is sold. 

You can verify whether these devices only support some specific band of 5GHz, so that they cannot detect the 5GHz of the Deco network.

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3161

Replies: 3