Deco m9 plus speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 plus speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco m9 plus speed
Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-05 13:15:44 - last edited 2019-08-05 13:16:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I am using deco m9 with Bell firber 1G in Canada. When connect my desktop directly to Bell moderm, I can get 1G as my download speed. However when I connect deco m9 to the moderm, and run speed test in the app. I only get around 500m as the download speed. Please see the picture below. 

The top 4 test with above 500m download speed is when I set up deco by ppoe in IPv4. The rest is tested by setting up deco as dynamic in IPv4. 

Another thing is when I use ppoe, the upload speed is significantly lower than dynamic IPv4. 

My question is

1). Can I get 1G download speed by using deco?

2). Why upload speed is significantly lower when deco is operating in ppoe mode than dynamic IPv4?

Thanks.

Options
19 Reply
Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-06 01:55:27

@Kaiyuan 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? And who is your internet service provider? 

With computer connected to the modem directly, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the results.

Meanwhile, with main Deco connected to the modem only, please connect the computer to the main Deco directly and run the speed test also. Then we can compare the actual speed you get from these 2 devices. 

Besides, you mentioned that you tried to setup Deco as dynamic IP, so is there any other router existed? Please tell us the current network topology/diagram. 

Thanks in advance. Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-06 10:52:31

Thanks for your reply Kevin. 

I am in Canada. My internet provider is Bell. My download speed is 1000m and upload speed is 700m.

When I run speed test, I didn't connect any device to deco. I used the deco app did the speed test.

There is no other router connected to the moderm. The reason I am using dynamic IP is because I am trying different way to connect. Just try to see if I can get 1000m download speed.

Thanks.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Kaiyuan 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? And who is your internet service provider? 

With computer connected to the modem directly, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the results.

Meanwhile, with main Deco connected to the modem only, please connect the computer to the main Deco directly and run the speed test also. Then we can compare the actual speed you get from these 2 devices. 

Besides, you mentioned that you tried to setup Deco as dynamic IP, so is there any other router existed? Please tell us the current network topology/diagram. 

Thanks in advance. Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-07 03:31:24

@Kaiyuan 

Is it the speed you get from the modem directly? 948.21/714.08Mbps?

With main Deco connected to the modem only, please connect the computer to the main Deco by wired cable and run the speed test and show us the results. 

At that time, what is the speed tested via the Deco app? You can show us a picture also.

With these information, we can do further analysis and fix it. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-07 10:47:59 - last edited 2019-08-07 11:02:14

Kevin_Z wrote

@Kaiyuan 

Is it the speed you get from the modem directly? 948.21/714.08Mbps?

Yes.

With main Deco connected to the modem only, please connect the computer to the main Deco by wired cable and run the speed test and show us the results. 

At that time, what is the speed tested via the Deco app? You can show us a picture also.

With these information, we can do further analysis and fix it. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-08 08:22:57

@Kaiyuan 

Thanks for your reply, the current situation is a little weird, to do further analysis and help you to fix it, our engineer will email later.

Please wait patiently until they contact you.

Thanks for your support and understanding in advance, and have a great day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-08 11:24:53

Thanks Kevin.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus speed
2019-08-09 01:48:40

My pleasure, please check your inbox for their reply. 

Options
2019-08-15 16:30:41

I'm having the same issue, it appears that there is no 80/160Mhz channel bonding in the current firmware for 5Ghz radios, as well as no way to set the channels manually, which results in severely overlapping (and interfering) networks. They need to fix this NOW.

Options
2019-12-04 02:46:05
Hi Kevin, Did tou find any solution for this problem ? Best regards, Dany D.
Options
2020-03-28 12:15:11

@Kaiyuan Was this issue fixed? I having the same issue. 

I have a 1 Gbps fiber, but using Deco app speedtest, I can only get around 500Mbps. When connecting the PC directly to Deco or router, I get the full 1Gbps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5685

Replies: 19

Related Articles