Deco M9+ AP mode, slower in speed test and very unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-05 13:54:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hi everyone!

Just want to find out if anyone out there facing the same issues as I do?

When I got my Deco M9+, I set it to AP mode, as I already have a router and everynow and then, random devices within my network will get no internet connection and the IP goes in APIPA.

I have tried all means and ways, including swapping of the APs but to no avail until I switched it back to router mode.

In router mode, I do not have the disconnection problem and I am getting better speeds in speed test, which does not make any sense to me, however, I do experience websites loading slower and slower as days past and I have now switched them back to AP mode.

Now, my surfing speed seems to have improved and is back to normal but my speed test is slower than in router mode (AP mode max 300+mbps, router mode max 500+mbps).

I have already logged a case with support but I just want to know if I am the only unlucky person to encounter this.

Thanks!

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco M9+ AP mode, slower in speed test and very unstable
2019-08-06 01:59:12 - last edited 2019-08-06 02:00:00

@Ixnay 

Thanks for your reply, and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused here. 

I found my colleague is following up and try to fix it. It is recommended  to do some troubleshooting first via email and try to figure it out.

Any updates or any similar cases, we can discuss there. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9+ AP mode, slower in speed test and very unstable
2019-08-07 06:18:34

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I have raised a ticket regarding this issue but so far, I have not gotten any updates from them.

The reason why I posted my issue here is to find out if others are facing similar issues like I do and hope that they might have a solution to this.

Anyway, if you have any beta firmware that addresses this issue that I am facing, I am willing to give it a try.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9+ AP mode, slower in speed test and very unstable
2019-08-08 08:39:27

@Ixnay 

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have reminded my colleague and I found that she replied to you yesterday.

She will continue to follow up until you two find a solution. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-08-15 16:33:36

Same issues, no reply worth anything from the engineers at TP-Link. The channel boding doesn't go above 80Mhz on 5Ghz, and there's no way to manually designate the channel the radios operate on to prevent them from interfering with one another. This is rookie stuff. I can't believe a product this half baked was released. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9+ AP mode, slower in speed test and very unstable
2019-08-16 10:00:54

@matmatician 

Per I replied on the other thread, we will push our R&D team to give a solution to change the wireless settings of the Deco units as soon as possible.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/154561?page=2 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-06 12:10:37

@Ixnay 

Has this issue been fixed by now? I'm also noticing it being a lot slower in AP mode than router mode.

Options
2020-06-13 19:39:18 - last edited 2020-06-13 19:39:46

@Ixnay same thing here, i want to use it as AP to avoid double nat but its almost 50% slower than router mode! get your ****togther guys and fix it,, i paid alomost 300$ for 3 nodes. 

Options
2020-06-14 04:25:32 - last edited 2020-06-14 04:25:46

@Yahyoh I've given up and switched to Asus ZenWiFi and it has no issues in AP mode, so far... 

Options
2020-06-14 13:39:52 - last edited 2020-06-14 13:41:32

Yeah i guess i will never buy any tp link products again. asus and netgear has way better support.

another problem, the newst updates seeems to cab the wireless to around 350-400Mbps despite setting on the top of the node. 

Options
2020-09-04 04:20:28

@Ixnay 

Yet another me too. The Deco worked fine in router mode. I have 1Gb line and connected the Deco directly to the modem as expected 1gb service. Swap in my Netgear Nighthawk. Put the Deco in AP mode 500mb :-(

If I plug my laptop directly into the Nighthawk 1gb. Plug it into the Deco 500mb. 

Any solution to this yet?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5880

Replies: 11