Problems with my Internet connection TP link Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-05 15:18:26
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have some problems with my Internet connection. This is my situation:

My house has two floors. The first floor has a router Wi-fy of my ISP and the second floor has a router Archer C6. My goal was improve my internet connection of my devices (laptops, smartv, ...) of my second floor and for this reason I bought a second router wi-fi, like the TP Link Archer C6.

The connection between the routers is a straight through cable and I configured TP Link router like access-point mode. Well, after reboot my TP-Link, I hadn´t Internet connection in my router.

I tested my cable and connect my laptop directly trought this. I had Internet connection and I did some tests about my connection and they were ok.

Then I reset Tp Link router and I set again, but I tried to configure like a primary router and after reboot, I had Internet connection. 

These days I don't have any problems but I only have problems when I turn off and turn on my router TP Link. The router lost the Internet connection.

Where is the problem ? I think that the correct setup in my case is access-point but in this mode I don't have Internet.

My provider of Internet tells me that the problems is the TP Link router and the cable utp cat 6 is ok.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with my Internet connection TP link Archer C6
2019-08-06 02:47:16

@maxeyes 

So the current network diagram is modem router (first floor)---Archer C6(second floor) and the Archer C6 works as the regular wireless router, right? 

Once you powered cycle the Archer C6, there is no internet access? What is the led status of the Archer C6 at that time?

With your computer connected to the Archer C6, please click here to verify the IP and gateway of your computer and try to ping the gateway of the modem router.

At the same time, please connect your computer to the ISP router directly to confirm whether you can access internet. 

Besides, when the C6 stops working, please login to the web UI of the Archer C6 and show us a screenshot of the status page. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5776

Replies: 1

Related Articles