Deco m9 wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:Deco m9 wifi channel
2019-11-02 13:54:30

@Archer-s Clearly it doesn't choose the best channel !!!!!! 

Which is why everyone is complaining about this basic feature not being included 

Options
Re:Deco m9 wifi channel-Solution
2019-11-05 07:09:56 - last edited 2019-11-05 07:11:23

@Richdem68 @Archer-s @bigmac5753  and all

Per I said before, we have noticed that the feature to choose the wireless channel of the Deco units and we have noted that. 

And we have forwarded all the feedback reported by you customers to our product engineer, therefore we can push them forward to evaluate the feasibility and release the new firmware to add this feature.

It is very suggested to keep an eye on official website for updates. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-05 14:14:44

@Kevin_Z 

Yeah, but these very important suggestions has been said to you 4 month's ago and still nothing has happend in soon 4 month.

How much longer do we have to wait.

Options
2019-11-06 08:33:54

@Archer-s 

Thanks for your reply, I totally understand. 

Per I said, the new features are added via the firmware upgrade; not every feature will be added immediately. We need get adequate feedback so that we can evaulate it and make it.

Besides, except some significant bug need to be fixed as soon as possible, it will take much longer to release a normal official firmware with a bunch of new features added. 

More new features means that more time it need, and these new features have their priorities. considering the Deco is designed to choose the best channel automatically, the feature to choose channel manually has lower priority. But with more feedback received, more quickly it will be released.

Options
2019-12-19 03:54:48

@Kevin_Z 

Please count me in the crowd that would like this feature! This along with the feature to change the channel width please. I do love how easy the Deco is and how it can do everything automatically, however, I would MORE love the option to be a more advanced user. I think there is definitely room for both. Every old router in the past 10+ years? offered the ability to log in to the router through a web browser and change almost every option. Please do this with the Deco for us that would like to use this! Thank you

Options
2019-12-20 07:39:56

@Ashhong 

Thanks for your feedback. We have noted that and the engineers are working on it now.

You can keep an eye on official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-03 16:34:06
Same issue with the Deco X60. Being able to change channel is a very, very basic feature that every router must have to combat this exact problem - poor "automatic" channel choice that causes collisions. In my case, 2 neighbors and Xfinity public wifi are all on the same 3? channel and upper channels are completely free. I think this is then causing some devices to switch to 2.4G because TP-Link also doesn't allow separate SSIDs for the different frequencies - also a common router feature
Options
2020-02-05 12:25:45

@ViperBoy 

Hello, to create the mesh network, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz use the same network name and password, but there is ( will be) a switch to turn on/off each wifi frequency respectively.

As for the feature to customize the wireless channel manually, we have noted that and forwared to our product department; with more and more similar feedbacks, the higher priority this feature will be .

Good day.

Options
2020-03-11 18:04:28

@Kevin_Z Any update available?
I need this option to have a more relyable

network. The competition (Ubiquiti) also has this feature. Is there a time frame when this feature will be available?

Options
2020-03-12 20:56:24

@Kevin_Z This is nice, but how about the ability to set each device to a specific band instead? I cannot turn off 2.4ghz band because some older devices use it.

Options
Related Articles