Modem > Router > Deco M5 > Switch no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-05 20:47:52 - last edited 2019-08-05 21:19:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Current situation is my modem is a generic combo router from my ISP. I tried hooking up my 8 port gigabit switch to the master unit and the other slaves are connected wirelessly, but theres no ethernet access, only wireless. How do i fix this issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Modem > Router > Deco M5 > Switch no internet access
2019-08-06 02:05:39

@celos 

So the current network topology is ISP modem router--Deco M5--switch

))((slave Deco 

What is the light status of the Deco units? How many Deco do you have in total?

Are you able to access internet with your computer or smart phone connected to the main Deco M5? 

Besides, you can try to reinstall the slave Decos to give it a shot. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Modem > Router > Deco M5 > Switch no internet access
2019-08-06 13:48:03

All 3 of my decos have green lights. Just that there's no internet connection on the 2nd lan port out to switch

Options
Re:Re:Modem > Router > Deco M5 > Switch no internet access
2019-08-06 16:39:52
Tried switching it around, changed master unit, still same situation
Options
Re:Re:Re:Modem > Router > Deco M5 > Switch no internet access
2019-08-07 03:24:35

@celos 

What is the model number of the switch?

With modem--Main Deco--computer connected, can you access internet with your computer? And click here to check its IP and gateway. 

If the internet works fine with computer connected, it may have something to do with the switch.

You can try to hard reset the switch to give it a shot. 

Besides, you can connect the switch to the main Deco and connect computer to the switch to check IP and gateway. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 4

Related Articles