Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet
Internet
2019-08-10 10:42:01
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20171215

hey my internet is not working.  when i connect to the internet it comes and goes.  and will not stay on and I have updated range extendern

Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet
2019-08-12 07:53:12

@Yakub 

Do you mean that the internet is unstable, it will lose connection now and then? 

If so, please give me the below details so that we can do more troubleshooting.

a. What's the light status of the RE450 and main router when the extender stops working?

b. How often it drops connection, and can you see the extender's wifi at that time?

c. Please connect your computer to the RE450 directly when the connections drop out. And please click here to check the IP address, default gateway and DNS server as the below instruction.
Note: Please show me the screenshot of the status-details page.

d. At that time, please connect your computer to the main router directly and test the IP, default gateway and DNS too.
Note: Please show me the screenshot of the status-details page.

e. How far away between the extender and main router And what's the wifi signal strength?

f. Besides, you can refer to the instruction below to locate the issue as well. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2233/

Thanks in advance, and have a good day

Options
2019-11-09 16:27:45
can you just send me a new one? because the day it happened there was thunder and it thundered a lot so next day i look then my RE450 range extender does not work and lost connection be 1 min and my router did not heal but then after a few hoursthen my router worked
Options
2019-11-09 16:27:46
can you just send me a new one? because the day it happened there was thunder and it thundered a lot so next day i look then my RE450 range extender does not work and lost connection be 1 min and my router did not heal but then after a few hoursthen my router worked
Options
2019-11-11 07:38:18

@Yakub 

Thanks for your reply. 

It is suggested to contact the retailer or the local tech support to verify whether replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Note: Please provide the model number, hardware version, serial number and proof of purchase and the actual issue you have. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 4

Related Articles