Update firmware of slave deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 16:24:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

So I tried to set up my slave deco ‏and even I had a stable ‏blue light  I couldn't have a good wifi signal. 

I tried to remove the slave Deco and connect it again but it still didn't work. I tried to connect it via Ether net and also failed, so I checked if I there are updates to the firmware. 

I saw that the main Deco and the slave Deco have different versions so I wanted to update the version of the slave Deco. 

Then I found out ‏i can't update the version of ‏‏the slave Deco. 

I had to set up a new network and put the slave Deco as the main deco and then I could uodate it. 

‏i think TP Link ‏‏ should add this feature to the app. 

Tnx. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Update firmware of slave deco
2019-08-12 02:40:14

@Roy22 

Thanks for your reply; 

To update the firmware of the slave Deco, except setup slave Deco as main Deco to do that, you can login to the web interface of the Deco M5 and then go to advanced-firmware upgrade page to do that.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-08-12 05:52:38

tnx, i'll try it! :) 

But I still think TP-Link should add this feature to the app + add this situation to the troubleshooting. 

Options
Re:Re:Update firmware of slave deco
2019-08-13 01:22:42

@Roy22 

Definitely sure, please take your time to do that, any updates, please let us know.

For the feature you mentioned, we have noted that. And we will keep collecting feedback from our customers and will pass to our R&D team. 

Nice day. 

Options
2019-08-13 05:37:50

Hey Kevin.

Hope to see it soon through the app.

Thank you for the quick response! :)

Options
Re:Re:Update firmware of slave deco
2019-08-13 05:58:44

It is glad to help you.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1974

Replies: 5

Related Articles