Smart lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart lights
Smart lights
2019-08-18 20:43:41 - last edited 2019-08-19 16:12:00
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Are there any light bulbs not requiring a separate hub that I can connect straight to Deco and which at the same time supports Apple Homekit?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart lights
2019-08-20 00:45:59

@manfredo 

Click here to get the compatibility list of Deco M9 plus. 

The TP-link smart bulb can connect to the Deco M9 plus without a separate hub, unlike philipes hue. while they do not support Apple hoekit.

You can verify whether there is a product included in the compatibility list supports. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Smart lights
2019-08-20 08:23:59

I've already checked all the bulbs in that list – none of them has native HomeKit support. This is annoying to say the least. I bought my Deco M9 Plus routers with the promise from tp-link to introduce HomeKit support in the near future. Now that tp-link broke their promise my plan for a smart home is ruined.

According to tp-links US support I'm not allowed to return the equipment and have my money back, but according to my lawyer tp-link has to by European consumer laws, since I bought the products on premises that tp-link later on one-handedly changed.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart lights
2019-08-21 03:36:15

@manfredo 

Are you based in US cause you mentioned European consumer laws. 

If not, you can contact the local tech support or the retailer with the serial number and proof of purchase to verify whether you can return it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support  

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Smart lights
2019-08-21 07:39:29

I currently reside in an EU country where I don't speak the native language. Not an everyday issue since most people speak English, but tp-link support doesn't which is why they directed me to the US support. But I'll write a letter to them, requesting a refund on the routers, and have someone translate it for me.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Smart lights
2019-08-21 09:37:13

@manfredo 

Thanks for your reply.

May I know when and where did you buy the Deco M9 plus? 

For your information, we do not provide international warranty; 

And you can contact the retailer to verify their return/warranty policy in the meantime.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 5

Related Articles