Deco M5 devices all pulsing blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 11:25:28
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: Unknown, updated yesterday though so latest as of today probably

Hi,

I successfully set up my mesh network yesterday. All was working fine. Kids now tell me that the network has dissapeared, all three devices are pulsing blue, meaning ready for setup. What could have caused this?

Cheers.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 devices all pulsing blue
2019-08-22 03:47:03

@netizensmith 

Is there anyone who pressed the reset hole on the Deco itself or remove them from the Deco APP by accident?

You can try to reconfigure it and make it access internet first, and then please  take some  time to verify whether the network disappeared again.

And please ensure that there is no auto-reset feature existed on the modem or other local devices. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 devices all pulsing blue
2019-08-22 05:40:19
Turns out the devices were showing red so the girls decided to fix it themselves. Now, why they all wen red I don’t know but I’m set up again and new firmware on there now so we’ll see how it goes.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 devices all pulsing blue
2019-08-23 01:37:45

@netizensmith 

Thanks for your reply, as you can see, red led means that there is something wrong, it can be that the internet disconnects.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1464/

Cause you reset it up and update the firmware, you can take some time to verify its performance now. 

If still the same, please verify whether you can get internet from the modem directly in the meantime.

And please click here to check the IP and gateway with your computer connected to the main Deco directly when they are red. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1242

Replies: 3

Related Articles