TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 04:34:15
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20180409 Rel. 58019

The extender is schedule to turn off the WiFi between 00:00 am to 7:00 am everyday and it's also schedule to turn off the LED at the same period of time, this setting is working correctly as long as the power suply is up and running.

However, after a power outage between that range of time the device restars normally and the LED turns off automatically but the WiFi never turns off, If I the power outage wakes me up, I have unplug it and plug it again but sometimes that doesn't work so I have no other option than to turn on my computer, connect to the extender through the web browser, turn off the "Power Schedule" option and turn it on again to make it work.

The "Tether" app still doesn't allow me to manage this fuction, that's why I have to use the computer.

I've tried reseting the extender to the factory settings but didn't fix the issue.

Options
11 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-22 07:22:07

@delacosta78 

How did you set it up? Did you setup both LED control and power schedule between 00:00-7:00?

After the power outage, the leds on the TL-WA855RE are off but you still can see the network name? Have you ever setup a different network name for the extender? 

Besides, aht that time, please login to the web UI of the extender and go to settings-system tools-time settings page to verify the system time; you can try to fix the time zone manually to give it a go as well.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-22 20:31:21

How did you set it up? Did you setup both LED control and power schedule between 00:00-7:00?

Yes, like I said in my post, both are setup to turn off at that period of time.

After the power outage, the leds on the TL-WA855RE are off but you still can see the network name? Have you ever setup a different network name for the extender?

Yes, I can see the SSID name, I forgot to mention the extender is setup as an Access Point.

Besides, aht that time, please login to the web UI of the extender and go to settings-system tools-time settings page to verify the system time; you can try to fix the time zone manually to give it a go as well.

Everything is setup as it should, including the time zone, like I said in my post, everything works correctly when there is continuous power supply.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-23 03:13:28

@delacosta78 

Thanks for your reply. Theoretically, you do not have to setup LED control and power schedule both; The power schedule includes the feature of LED control.

Try to disable the LED control feature and setup power schedule only, after the power outage, please verify whether it works well. 

If still the same, please login to the web UI of the extender and send us a picture of the settings-system tools-time settings page so that we can verify the system time. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-23 03:31:32

Kevin_Z wrote

@delacosta78 

Try to disable the LED control feature and setup power schedule only, after the power outage, please verify whether it works well. 

OK, I'm going to try that and I'll let you know the result.

Kevin_Z wrote

@delacosta78 

If still the same, please login to the web UI of the extender and send us a picture of the settings-system tools-time settings page so that we can verify the system time.

Why not now? I live in Colombia so our timezone is -05:00 without "Daylight saving time":

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-23 08:40:55

@delacosta78 

What happened after you setup power schedule only?

From the picture attached, the system time is correct, which matches the time zone where you located. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-23 16:17:31 - last edited 2019-08-23 16:18:27

Kevin_Z wrote

@delacosta78 

What happened after you setup power schedule only?

From the picture attached, the system time is correct, which matches the time zone where you located. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Hello @Kevin_Z, I turned off the LED schedule and left turned on only the power schedule and they both turned off automatically as expected once the time period started, BUT removing the extender from the power outlet is almost the same as having a power outage, so I waited a few minutes and reconnected it, unfortunately the schedule didn't work, looks like the algorithm is failing to recognize the device was reconnected during the range of schedule time to keep itlsef turned off automatically so I had to enter the settings and restart the power schedule again in order to make it work.

Options
Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-26 05:19:51

Hello @Kevin_Z, It's midnight and I made a test, I turned off "Power Schedule" and turned on "LED Control" only to verify if the LED turned off automatically every time I disconnected the extender from the outlet,  after doing that three times I can confirm the LED turned off automatically and that's how the power schedule must work, no matter how many times I disconnect it, it must turn off automatically within the schedule. I hope TP-Link releases a new firmware with a fix for this issue.

Thank you for your attention.

Options
Re:Re:TL-WA850RE "power schedule" fails after a power outage
2019-08-29 03:16:09

@delacosta78 

Hello, thanks for your reply. We are confirming this issue with our engineers.

Any updates, we will let you know immediately.

Please wait a while before that. 

Thanks for your support in advance. Have a nice day.

Options
2019-09-09 15:18:47

BIKILIYAT wrote

What?. This is clearly an issue with the firmware because it was working with the previous version, besides, I'm having connectivity issues with some devices, the SSID doesn't even appear inside their WiFi connection settings.

Options
2019-09-12 02:31:05

@delacosta78 

Sorry to respond late, it takes some time to get the reply.

For the power schedule issue, it is not a bug, instead it is designed to be so. In terms of the design of power schedule, when the 850RE is powered back on and NTP time is obtained, it will not enter the power off state even within the time specified by power schedule.

The design is used to deal with the following scenarios:
1. The user forgets setting up power schedule, after finding that they cannot make RE work by power cycle it, they may think the device is faulty mistakenly.
2. The user suddenly needs to use RE within the time frame set by the power schedule.

After restarting RE, you will need to re-activate power schedule feature on the web UI and click on the "right now" to take effect.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3233

Replies: 11