Can’t log in to the Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can’t log in to the Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-12-18 21:20:11
Sorry. more details. I tried to logon with the web, it is not working. I have done a reset of the password, this didn't work. I have now 9 failed login attempts of the 10, so I am about to be fully blocked.
Options
2019-12-18 21:46:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, Web UI does not work, it says the password for the ower ID is incorrect, even though it is not. It is the same password used for the Deco app on the iphone. As I said, i tried changing it more than once. With the same username and password I can connect to the deco app as long as it it not connected to the tp-link deco router (using cellular data).

I tried to connect with the web UI wired to the router as well as wireless.  

Options
2019-12-20 07:57:38

@DecoLeurs 

What is the model number of your Deco and its hardware version? You can find them on the back of the actual device. 

You can try to reset the password and then use the new password to login to the Deco app first and then login  to the web UI with the same one. 

Here you can reset the password: https://www.tplinkcloud.com/forgotpassword.php

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-20 07:59:44

@Ove 

Thanks for your reply. 

What is the model number and hardware version of your Deco products? 

Please show us a screenshot of the error mesage when you tried to login to the web UI. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-22 22:07:12

Dear TP-LINK

I have the same problem as everyone else. 
Deco app (latest version 1.9.17) iPhone 6 with OS13.3. Deco M4 mesh. 
Wireless works. 
App used to work. No longer accepts the password.

Can login via Web app with the same password, but it wants me to reinstall everything.  
This is a serious bug for your equipment which is supposed to work seamlessly. 

DecoRoz

Options
2019-12-26 07:52:55

@DecoRoz 

What is the led status of the Deco M4. If it works properly, you do not have to reinstall it.

Try to reset the password on the cloud website and then login to the Deco app and web UI with the new password to give it a go. 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/forgotpassword.php 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-26 02:42:28

@BoBest can't either   Just started today, reinstalled app and everything just keeps saying password incorrect after multiple resets

Options
2020-03-10 07:11:27

@Redpooch 

Hello, can you login now? When resetting the password, please set up a simple password have a try, don't use special characters.

Can you login on our cloud website? If you can, please try to download the app on another phone and login there.

Good day.

Options
2020-07-24 14:18:27

This issue still exists! after so many months. It is not good enough TP.

Set up my Deco P9 setup, worked well. App worked.

Updated firmware as instructed

P9 network restarted and worked fine. App would no longer connect!

Tried chat help online - no help whatsoever.

In the end had to factory reset all units and recreate a new network.

TP, this is not good enough. There is obviously an issue within the App, please get it sorted.

Options
2020-08-07 17:01:00

@BoBest I'm having the same problem. Looking at your chat conversation, I had the same suggestions with nothing working. I can connect if I turn off wifi but then it wants me to set up system. Very frustrating.

Options