3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-23 20:12:41 - last edited 2019-08-23 20:25:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 20190617

So I have a brand new m5 system which has been solid for the past 3 days. I am using only 2 deco M5 with Ethernet backhaul to a switch which is part of my zoom modem/router. 

Everythjng this week was fine but today everything freezes and says no internet. Both deco m5 show a red light. Deco app says no internet found. 

I connect directly to the modem/router/switch secondary WiFi then I get full internet. 

If I go back the the deco main unit and unplug it and plug back in. Now everything Is back to normal. 

Any idea what causes this? I love the m5 system but not if I have to hard unplug it every 3 days to reset it. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.
2019-08-23 20:17:01
Clarification. If I connect my phone to the secondary wifi that my zoom/router/switch is putting out, I get full internet. It’s just the deco’s aren’t seeing the internet.
Options
Re:Re:3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.
2019-08-26 05:54:34

@Bruce1271 

Hello, thanks for your clarification. We will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1.  What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices to each other?

2. At that time, with computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other word, connect the main Deco to the modem/router only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

3. Meanwhile, you can try to configure the Deco as wireless router mode to test its performance.

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco.

3. Ensure the firmware is up to date. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.
2019-08-26 06:11:30

Here is a photo diagram of my deco units. 

They work great but after a few days then red and stop connecting to the internet. I have to unplug deco1(main unit) and plug back in to reset it and it works again. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.
2019-08-27 08:42:23

@Bruce1271 

Hello, thanks for your reply.

What is the model number of the switch? Is it a D-Link switch? If so, you can refer to Q4.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/98898

Besides, you can connect the Deco to the main router directly by pass the switch to verify whether they work properly. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:3 day old m5 system in AP mode loses internet conn.
2019-09-08 14:29:36

I made it more simple. I disconnected all decos except 1 unit. I now have 1 deco connected in AP MODE directly to the modem/router. Today I wake up to a red light and no internet connection. I unplug the deco and plug in again. It now works. 

Why do i I need to unplug and plug in again my deco to remain connected?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 659

Replies: 5