Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-24 14:26:42 - last edited 2019-08-30 06:52:07
Model: Archer T9E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Most recent (2019.Aug 22)

So I have been using the Archer T9E for a year now with no real issues. Both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels were fast and fairly stable. 

On Monday (5 days ago as of writing this) everything was fine. 2 days ago though the interent wasnt connecting, at first I figured it was the router so I restarted it but it didnt help. 

I went to bed frustrated after trying a few things. 

Yesterday I brought the computer downstairs so I could hardline it to the router which had no issues. 

If I try using the 2.4 ghz frequencey I get almost no download speed (on speedtest) and no upload. 

If I switch to 5ghz it connects ok, but the download speed is about 30% of what it should be. Also the upload speed is 0.5 mbs (should be closer to 300)

Ive tried deleting/installing the drivers, restarting the router, returning the router to factor settings and going from there. 

Also changing the different channels but nothing seems to work. 

(The TV, my phone, wifes phone and her labtop all have no issues and can connect with great speeds)

Also if I use an ethernet cable the internet is fine and so it my download speeds. 

I physically unplugged the card, and even tried a different PCI slot. All the same. 

Any other ideas would be appreciated... everything points to the card. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz-Solution
2019-08-29 02:20:42 - last edited 2019-08-30 06:52:07

Hey Kevin

The driver link you provided did not work (it says there is a problem when I install it) so the wi-fi doesnt work well still. 

A friend mentioned that the TP link does work well, I bought it yesterday and it works fine. 

Just frustrating that the wi-fi card doesnt work (it had better upload and download speeds then the tether)

The tether does seem much more stable though so Im happy about that. 

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-27 06:15:18

@AJJoys 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. You have done a lot troubleshooting already, it is useful to define the root cause. 

May I know what is the operating system of your computer? 

And what is the model number of your main router? 

Have you ever tried to connect the computer to another wireless network? Does it work properly? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-27 07:50:02

Hey Kevin

Thank you for the reply. 

Im using Windows 10 (64bit)

Im using the router from my service provider (Softbank which is pretty big here in Japan)

The model number is J18V150.00

I got a new one just a few months ago and it has been great for everything until this point. 

I havent tried connecting to any other networks as I have nothing close to my house that I can try that on. (That would be a great indicator if it was specifically the card though)

if there is any other info that could help let me know. 

Probably going to do an Amazon switchero soon.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-28 01:44:51

@AJJoys 

Hello, below is the download link of the public driver you can install.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/ab5f43b9fa/?dl=1

How to install it manually: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Besides, you can try to change the wireless settings of 2.4Ghz on the main router to give it a shot. 

Still the same, you can contact the local tech support to verify whether they have any other suggestions.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support  

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-28 13:55:31

Hey Kevin

I tried that file but it seems to give me an error when I try to install it. 

I ended up ordering a the TP Link and now the DL and UL speeds are working, everything seems fine, but its slightly slower then using the wifi card, but my ping is better.

Thanks again, still very weird this happened out of the blue.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-29 00:57:22

@AJJoys 

Thanks for your reply, so did you order a new TP-Link network adapter and it works well now? 

If so, may I know the model number? Or you can correct me if there is anything wrong/misunderstanding.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz-Solution
2019-08-29 02:20:42 - last edited 2019-08-30 06:52:07

Hey Kevin

The driver link you provided did not work (it says there is a problem when I install it) so the wi-fi doesnt work well still. 

A friend mentioned that the TP link does work well, I bought it yesterday and it works fine. 

Just frustrating that the wi-fi card doesnt work (it had better upload and download speeds then the tether)

The tether does seem much more stable though so Im happy about that. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-30 06:51:37

@AJJoys 

Thanks for your valued reply, it helped a lot.

Now you can enjoy the internet with the TP-link product.

Any further problem, please let us know.

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-08-31 00:34:42

Hey Kevin. 

The Wi-fi card is still not working and I have no idea still how to fix it. 

The drivers you linked me too wouldnt install either...

Any other suggestions would be great, I still need to get the card to someone else and see what happens when they use it. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T9E not connecting on 2.4ghz
2019-09-02 08:14:21

@AJJoys 

Here is the chipset of the Archer T9E,  BCM4360KMLG, you can search the driver online from the manufacturer website and give it a go.

Still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do, you can contact our tech support to check whether the replacement is qualified. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2083

Replies: 9

Related Articles