Archer C58HP randomly change to RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-24 15:29:55
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180717 Rel 74530(UN)

Hi! how are you?

I am having a issue from several months.

First of all, the router is connected to a Cisco DPC3825 (Repeater)

Everything works correctly until, randomly, my router reboots.

When my router finishes restarting:

- RE light BLINKING

- WAN light OFF

- LAN light ON

- Wireless lights ON

When this happens, it forces me to do a factory reset, then it starts normally and i can restore my router backup.

I think i cant access router when this issue happen, so i cant see the log history.

Unfortunately, it always happens to me when I am in a hurry or doing something that forces me to resolve the error quickly and not be able to stop looking for the cause.

The next time it happens I will try to access the router again to try to see the log.

Anyway, did this happen to someone? Is it a known error? Can it be something particular about the configuration?

Sorry is my english is not good, i speak spanish.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C58HP randomly change to RE
2019-08-26 07:28:32

@Renzo 

Thanks for your requesting, there is no similar case reported by our customers yet.

While we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology/diagram?

2. FYI, the RE button button is located on the top panel of the router. Press and hold it for about 3 seconds will change to the Range Extender mode; have you ever pressed the RE button?

3. Meanwhile, if it happens again, please connect your computer to the Archer C58HP and click here to check the IP and gateway; And please login to the web UI and go  to advanced-system tools-system log to save it and send to us. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-12 12:39:29

@Renzo 

Same thing happens to me on the same model. Have you ever fixed it?

Randomly reboots and you have to wait around 2 minutes untill everything is connected again

Options
2020-08-17 14:05:02

@Kevin_Z  I've updated to latest firmware and nothing happens. Can you provide me stock firmware to see if there are any changes? thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 3

Related Articles