Archer C59 Device shows as 'Unknown' in Wireless client list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-25 15:03:39
Model: Archer C59  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20160621 rel 63461

The wireles devices connected to my router all have their name displayed in the Host Client list except one. The name of my wireless printer only seems to be shown when it's plugged into the router with a USB cable.

What does the router need from a wireless device in order to display its name?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C59 Device shows as 'Unknown' in Wireless client list
2019-08-26 06:53:08

@Live_in_hope 

Hello, thanks for your requesting.

It seems that the router does not detect the device name of the printer. 

May I know does it affect the actual performance of the printer? 

You can try to change another USB cable to connect it with the router or try to unplug and plug it back.

Or you verify whether you can customize the name on the printer itself and whether the new name can be recognized by the Archer C59. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-08-26 07:07:57

Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to use a cable for the long term. I only want to use the wireless connection, and I would prefer to see the printer name if possible.

After a lot of experimenting I found that the name is only displayed correctly when the USB cable is plugged in.

The printer works fine with the wireless connection.

I have already reset the wireless connection using the printer management software but with no change to this issue.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C59 Device shows as 'Unknown' in Wireless client list
2019-08-27 11:18:02

@Live_in_hope 

Thanks for your reply. 

While I'm afraid that there is not much we can do to display it correctly.

Considering the current printer works fine with wireless connection you may let it go, otherwise, you can use the USB cable and enable print server feature which will be more complicated than the wireless connection. 

Good day.

Options
2019-08-27 20:50:19

Can you supply a reason by any chance please? I don't let things go usually. It's puzzled me for a while and I would like to find the reason.

If it means the printer does not comply with a data definition standard or some such, then I will inform HP.

If the router is defective I would like to estabilsh in what way it's defective.

Maybe you can point me in a direction where I may discover an answer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2798

Replies: 4