OneMesh firmware for Archer A9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh firmware for Archer A9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:OneMesh firmware for Archer A9
2021-05-20 18:27:05

Hi TP-Link Support,

This feature should be on the newer A9 model. It's a feature that is common in WiFi networks nowadays. I don't see why the older A6 and A7 models have it, but the newer A9 does not. Please incorporate OneMesh into a future A9 firmware update. I have 2 A9s and love the features they have that the A6/A7 don't have. However, I dislike the fact that A9 does not have OneMesh.

Options
2021-05-21 12:39:52 - last edited 2021-05-21 12:50:20

@GoDiego 

I completely agree with your comment. I love each and every aspect of the A9, except for the fact that it still does not support OneMesh. I don't understand why they won't include support for OneMesh after so much demand and a high number of feature requests.

@tplink @Kevin_Z : Please tell us how many more feature requests you need to Include this feature. We need a clear answer; a "Yes" or a "No" so I, amongst many others, could either opt for some other brand that does support what the users need or in case of a "Yes", wait for the firmware with OneMesh supported. Please escalate this matter with someone in authority. I'm sure there are enough users who would agree with my post. We have already had enough of the ambiguous answers, please get us some confirmed information this time.

Options
2021-05-24 01:37:43

@akeeltaj 

Hello, as we mentioned earlier on #2, there is currently no plan to add support for Onemesh on the Archer A9, and we don't have any news about it will be supported in the future as for now.

If this functionality has determined the choice of equipment, you can choose one that already support it.

Options
2021-07-02 01:08:39

+1 support onemesh firmware upgrade on a9. TP-Link has so far dropped the ball on this one, very disappointed, I came to TP-Link after getting sick of overpriced netgear equipment. I got this router over lower models thinking it would be better... At the moment it is far inferior to older, cheaper models due to the lack of mesh mode. Seeing as new firmware was released for this model as recent as June, its clear its not abandoned. What gives?

Options
2021-08-11 23:14:23 - last edited 2021-08-11 23:15:54

@Kevin_Z  that's disappointing. The A7 is not a very good router. I have an A9 at one property and the A7, in a one mesh network at the other. The A7's signal from its three external antennas is consistently weak compared to the range extenders with 2 internal antennas in the OneMesh network with it. Unless I'm literally in the same room, my devices connect to the more distant extenders and this cuts the bandwidth in half. 

The A9 is a great router but unfortunately I have the wifi turned off and currently use it as an Ethernet switch because it still doesn't support OneMesh. What a waste. 

(side note: y'all, watch out for those Deco models with 100Mbps Ethernet ports, another really ill-conceived move on TP-Link's part)

Options
2021-08-12 05:06:35

@AlarmingMelon 

I agree with you. We've been requesting onemesh support on th A9 for more than a year now, but tplink doesn't seem to care.

About the deco models with 100 Mbps port, I think that's the E series models of Deco. I faced a similar issue when I recommended my fiancee to get the Archer C60 (AC1300) for her fiber broadband connection, and it turned out to be limited to 100 Mbps ports. 

Tplink used to be my first recommendation everytime someone asked for my opinion about home or SOHO solutions (because I'm a network engineer), but it seems like they're headed to a different path now where they don't really care about what the community wants. They didn't even care to release a Onemesh update on the A9 while many of the much lower grade routers come with the support out-of-the-box or via software update.

I think its time I move to a different brand of network devices. 

Highly disappointed with the support of TP Link

Options
2021-12-28 17:42:40
+1 One mesh is needed for A9
Options
2021-12-28 17:43:01

+1

Options
2022-02-23 05:13:48

@Kevin_Z Most of us already own this equipment, and would like to see an update to support onemesh without spending additional money to buy a lower model. Please add Support for the Archer A9. 1+ vote here.

Options
2022-03-07 21:03:41 - last edited 2022-03-07 21:04:28

@MTECH Just like their answer regarding this feature, I "currently have no plan" to ever buy TP-LINK products again with support like this.  Over two and a half years for a no brainer firmware update that is ignored is absurd.  Especially when they say to go buy a an older piece of equipment that has the feature.  Are they that obtuse?  Apparently so.

Options
Related Articles