Deco P7 and additional powerlines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 07:47:24

I am considering upgrading my home Wifi by purchasing a pair of P7 Deco and one other Deco. But what single Deco would be best considering I will be using them all with a VR2800 as the main router and the Decos as Access points.

I would like to go for the 3 pack of P9 Decos but they aren't available in the UK yest!

As the P7 Deco uses powerline as the backhaul, can I buy an additional Deco M5 and use one of my original powerlines to the M5 to provide the backhaul?

Should I turn off the Wifi on both the VR2800 and the original Wifi Powerlines and rely on the Mesh from the Deco units to provide Wifi? 

Thanks

Ian

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P7 and additional powerlines
2019-08-29 01:45:52

@Ian_Richardson 

Hi, for your information, the Deco P7 supports powerline backhaul because there is a chipset installed on the power adapter, while with Deco M5 connected to the powerline adapter, it won't build up a powerline backhaul, instead, it can be regarded as an ethernet cable. 

Except powerline backhaul, the Deco P7 supports wifi backhaul and ethernet backhaul which Deco M5 supports as well. 

Meanwhile, you can turn off the wifi on the VR2800 or the wifi powerline extenders, you can give it a go by using the Deco mesh wifi network only.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 871

Replies: 1