How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 14:24:26 - last edited 2019-09-02 01:14:20

I have successfully installed a deco network Deco P7 consisting of 3 M1300 units in my apartment. Then I transferred the whole system to a new place just using the same system name, log in, same app, etc. All worked fine.

Now I want to install another system of the same type with new devices. It is fine for me to use the same name, log in etc if possible. If not, I can set up a new network.

How do I do? Thank you in advance for helping.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app-Solution
2019-09-01 18:20:32 - last edited 2019-09-02 01:14:20

Well it took some time before I realized that I could manage Deco remotely in the installation actually in another country. All routers (2 * Deco and both internet routers in both countries) were restarted and also the apps - twice. And suddenly when I logged into the Deco in the other country I could add another network just going through the procedures. Now I have two Deco networks that I can manage from here through the app. I just choose with network.

I think the "trick" was simple: Just reboot everything and let it re-start (which is quite often a working solution...)

Thank you very much again for helping!

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app
2019-08-29 01:34:15

@bjornw 

Hello, do you want to create a new separate network with the same cloud account and wifi name? 

If so, you can open Deco app, click the settings button and click the current Deco P7 and then create a new network. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app
2019-08-29 07:16:36

Kevin_Z wrote

@bjornw 

Hello, do you want to create a new separate network with the same cloud account and wifi name? 

If so, you can open Deco app, click the settings button and click the current Deco P7 and then create a new network. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is that the previous network - or more correctly the current on - is now installed in a completely different location. I can't reach it via the app so the function "Create a new network" is not available.

How can I set up a new network in my current location? For me it does not matter if the new network uses the same name/login as the previous one or if it is a new network.

Thank you again for your help and advice.

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app
2019-08-30 01:19:51

@bjornw 

Which cloud account be used to setup the previous network? The Deco supports remote control. You will be able to detect it and manage it. 

If you want to use the same cloud account to manage the 2 networks, then please login to the Deco app with that cloud account and the click create a new network. 

Otherwise, you can login with another account and set it up from the scratch. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app
2019-08-31 17:14:21

Thank you for helping. Finally I got it working smiley

Options
2019-09-01 04:32:58

@bjornw 

Thanks a lot for your valued reply. Glad to hear that you figured it out finally. Congrats.

May I know how did you sort it out? Could you please provide more information, it may help others.

Thanks in advance for your support and cooperation, have a nice day. 

Options
Re:How to set up another deco P7 network from the same app-Solution
2019-09-01 18:20:32 - last edited 2019-09-02 01:14:20

Well it took some time before I realized that I could manage Deco remotely in the installation actually in another country. All routers (2 * Deco and both internet routers in both countries) were restarted and also the apps - twice. And suddenly when I logged into the Deco in the other country I could add another network just going through the procedures. Now I have two Deco networks that I can manage from here through the app. I just choose with network.

I think the "trick" was simple: Just reboot everything and let it re-start (which is quite often a working solution...)

Thank you very much again for helping!

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-09-02 01:13:54

@bjornw 

Thanks a lot for your clarification. It helps a lot.

Per we discussed before, the Deco units support remote control, and we can manage different networks at different locations via the Deco app.

Right now, you can enjoy the internet with the Deco network,

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2209

Replies: 7