ARCHER C2700 - DHCP Address reservation bug - need firmware correction

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 18:30:14
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 build 20190509

Hi,

my name is Andre and i recently bought an Archer C2700 to replace my Archer C7.

I configured all that i had on C7 but all dhcp was not getting IP Addresses . so i did a factory restore and started to configure again, but at this time not adding the DHCP Address reservation and all started to work properly.

so i re-add the address reservation under DHCP configs and the dhcp stopped to work again.

after remove all return to work, so there is a bug with this version 1.0.3 build 20190509 that needs a correction.

another issue that i found is when you click on rebbot from the web page, after the c2700 return, all configuration has been erased and returned as factory default.

TP-LINK please solve these issues on the next firmware .

thanks,

Options
4 Reply
Re:ARCHER C2700 - DHCP Address reservation bug - need firmware correction
2019-08-29 02:29:28

@Andre_Nunes 

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have not received such feedback yet; while back to your case, we can do further analysis and try to fix it.

1. Could you please show us a screenshot of the address reservation page ? Is there any specical characters or space? If so, please remove them and give it a go. 

2. With it enabled, please connect your computer or mobile phone to the Archer C2700 and click here to verify its IP address and gateway. 

3. Besides, you mentioned that the router got it reset even though you hit the reboot on the web UI; have you ever tried to reboot it manually by power cycle it? Does it have the same issue? 

4. Meanwhile, have you ever tried to restore the configuration files? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:ARCHER C2700 - DHCP Address reservation bug - need firmware correction
2019-08-30 11:58:08

Hello Kevin,

thanks for your reply.

1 - follow the screenshot below when the address reservation was in place and the DHCP was not working.

2 - on the PCs from my network i use static IPs instead of DHCP.

When had the address reservation in place, all the mobiles was not getting IP´s. I tried with a notebook using DHCP and also not getting IP.

3 - I manually rebooted the router and worked fine.

when i rebooted using the web page 2 days ago and all the configuration has been lost, i restored the configuration using the file that i had (backup).

i tried again to reboot using webpage and the configuration keep the same. appears that lost the configuration just 1 time, but i´ll keep checking these days.

i made some other tests and in fact, if the address reservation are in place and add the description with a blank space between the names, the DHCP stop work. Adding a _ "underline" for example, start to work. When you leave without description also works.

4 - yes, the restore using configuration files is working fine.

Options
Re:Re:Re:ARCHER C2700 - DHCP Address reservation bug - need firmware correction
2019-09-02 08:56:40

@Andre_Nunes 

Thanks a lot for your valued reply; For now, you can remove the special characters or blank space from the description box to make it work as a workaround; and we will remind our R&D colleagues and they will work on it.

For the reboot issue, you can take more time to verify whether it will reset itself automatically.

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:ARCHER C2700 - DDNS and PPTP VPN Server issue
2019-09-16 23:22:30

@Kevin_Z 

hi Kevin,

Another issue that i checked is that when you reboot the c2700 when come back the DDNS does not start automatically !

You need to enter on the option and click on login and save to start working.

AFTER CLICK on LOGIN and save ....

Another problem related to this is the PPTP VPN Server.

i configured OPEN VPN and PPTP VPN Sever.

Using my android phone with Open VPN APP,  i can connect the vpn with no issues.

when configure a desktop using WIN 10 or LINUX Ubuntu to connect, everytime i got ERROR 619.

This is the configuration at PPTP VPN ...

I also tested with all checkboxes below selected but with no success...

Do you know if need to configure at C2700 something else to allow this VPN Connection ?

Thanks,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 932

Replies: 4

Related Articles