Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 19:59:58 - last edited 2019-08-28 20:10:11
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi just got an extender and managed to set it up connect etc all good there. I also got the tether app on my android and managed to check all the devices that are connected but for some reason my Sony xperia XA2 cannot be found nor can my PS3 although it can be recognised if its wired via ethernet. is therre a step ive missed on so my xperia can connect to it or my PS3 wirelessly?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender
2019-08-29 03:14:59

@Robby6991 

Hello, have you ever setup static IP for the 2 devices? 

How many devices have connected to the TL-WA850RE already? 

With them connected to the extender's wifi, please login to the web UI of the extender and go to settings-status page to verify whether you can see all the connected devices. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware version and the app version are up to date.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender
2019-08-29 11:58:41 - last edited 2019-08-29 12:04:47

as far as i know, no i havent ever set up any static Ip's for the 2 devices. but i do know that both my past ISP sky and BT had static IPs from the start. currently i have 3/4 devices connected my brothers android phone and both his x boxes also his desktop which he has requested i add to the block list.

How would i go about logging into the web UI of the extender?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender
2019-08-30 03:11:05

@Robby6991 

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

First, you can check their IP address and gateway, make sure that they are dynamic IP. 

Then you can connect to the 850RE and use the domain name to access the web UI. See faq below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1408/

Or you can login to the web UI of the main router first to get the IP of the extender and use the IP to login.

Besides, does it affect the actual performance of the 2 devices even though they are not showing on the Tether app? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender
2019-09-02 02:52:53

Kevin_Z wrote

@Robby6991 

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

First, you can check their IP address and gateway, make sure that they are dynamic IP. 

Then you can connect to the 850RE and use the domain name to access the web UI. See faq below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1408/

Or you can login to the web UI of the main router first to get the IP of the extender and use the IP to login.

Besides, does it affect the actual performance of the 2 devices even though they are not showing on the Tether app? 

Good day.

Hi thanks for getting back to me, by "their" do you mean the devices that i want to connect to my tp link (phone and PS3 wirelessly) ? if so how would i go about making sure they have a dynamic IP would i have to request it from my IP?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Trouble connecting to my wi fi range extender
2019-09-03 01:15:23

@Robby6991 

You are right, how to check whether they are dynamic IP or static IP, here we take phone as example:

Go to settings-wireless page, click the TP-Link wifi name that you have connected and then you will see it is dynamic or static.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2413

Replies: 5

Related Articles