Cannot connect to any Steam servers via Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-30 13:05:01
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone!

I am stuck with the current problem for days already and have no idea how to solve it.

To begin with, a few days ago I have started experiencing network connection problems with any online games, even though internet works on any other applications and devices. For example, in Steam client I can find any game servers I want, but as soon as I try to connect to them via games, my router cuts the internet connection specifically for my PC (other devices work properly). 

I know this issue is not really related to TP-Link (as trying to solve the problem I have just bought a new router - Archer C6), but it didnt help. 

The strange thing is that my PC easily pings any server from CMD via "/tracert" promt. And changing/resetting router also helps, but the next day problem reappears. I have tried tons of proposed solutions on different forums, but none helped.

If anyone knows anything about this issue, please leave the answers in the commnets.

Thanks alot! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to any Steam servers via Archer C6
2019-09-01 15:57:06
Does your ISP enforce some type of data cap? Also check your network settings. May need to delete and re-add your network settings on your PC.
Options
Re:Cannot connect to any Steam servers via Archer C6
2019-09-03 03:41:20

@Antony_217 

What is the IP address and gateway obtained by your PC when the router cuts internet of it? Below is the instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

In the meantime, can you ping the gateway of the main router (192.168.0.1 by default) and 8.8.8.8? Please show us the ping results. 

Try to enable QoS and add the PC into the high priority list.

Besides, go to advanced-NAT forwarding-UPnP page to enable it without configuration. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1960

Replies: 2