TP link router interferes with Siecom switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 15:29:23
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305 Rel.51282n

I try to connect the router with a cable tot a Sitecom 10/100 switch.

After restarting the router I get some trouble

- WIFI is mostly off, sometimes on.

- No cabled internet at all

- No connection possible to the router. I cannot detect what is happening 

After disconnecting the switch and restarting the router everything is fine again.

The strange thing is that it used to work once.....

What is happening? old switch? new firmware? 

Who can help?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP link router interferes with Siecom switch
2019-09-03 02:38:16

@Rickenbacker 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices  together?

Please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the Archer C7 and the sitecom switch.

With switch connected to the C7, please connect your computer to the C7 and click here to check its IP address and gateway. And please verify whether you can ping the gateway of Archer C7, which is 192.168.0.1 by default.

Besides, have you ever tried to reset/reboot these 2 devices to give it a go? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:TP link router interferes with Siecom switch
2019-09-03 12:31:20

Hi Kevin

Thanks voor your reply

Hereby the diagram.

note: Switch 1 not working, switch 2: good working. Same type/same brand

Without connection to switch 1: gate way is 192.168.0.1. everything ok

When connecting the switch: (internet cable not connected): no contact with router, 

Possible conflict?

Does the sitecom switch have an ip adress? I cannot see it in the DHCP clientlist 

I tried to reboot booth devices: no results

)

Kevin_Z wrote

@Rickenbacker 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices  together?

Please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the Archer C7 and the sitecom switch.

With switch connected to the C7, please connect your computer to the C7 and click here to check its IP address and gateway. And please verify whether you can ping the gateway of Archer C7, which is 192.168.0.1 by default.

Besides, have you ever tried to reset/reboot these 2 devices to give it a go? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP link router interferes with Siecom switch
2019-09-06 08:48:31

@Rickenbacker 

With Router Archer ---UTP--switch 1--desktop connected, what is the IP address and gateway obtained by desktop? 

What is the default LAN IP of the switch 1? Please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the router and switch.

Besides, you can try to swap the locations of the 2 switches to give it a go.

Furthermore, what is the model number of the 2 switches? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options