My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 19:08:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

Since yesterday I use the Deco M5 in my house and everything went perfect, till I try to use my television receiver. I have 2 receivers; one with a direct networkcable from my initial router and this one works perfectly. The other one is connected through my Deco M5, and that doesnt work. 

I looked around at internet, but cannot find the solution, besides changing the advanced settings to 'Access point' instead of 'Router'. I read about it could have something to do with NAT or somekind of protection from my provider, but they don't support this and I miss the technical knowledge....

When I use the acces point mode it works perfectly, but i cannot use the advantages from Deco (parental control, antivirus etc.) and it seems my WIFI is slower. 

Is there some solution you know, or can someone with some technical knowledge help me fix this? 

Thanks a lot! I hope you can help me out!
Kind regards, Stijn

Options
6 Reply
Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2019-09-03 02:02:58

@StijnDeco 

Hello Stijn, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

Cause the TV works well when Deco works in AP mode, I'm afraid that we need open the port for it to make it access internet.

Have you ever done any settings on the main router  to make the TV receiver work? Like port forwarding.

With the 2nd one connected to the Deco, what is the IP address and gateway obtained by it? 

In the meantime, it is recommended to contact the tech support of TV receiver to get some specific help cause they are more professional about their own products. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2019-09-03 09:38:24

Hi there,

Thanks for your fast reply!

My setup is like this:

Router from provider > utp cable > tv 1 (works fine)

Router from provider > utp cable > deco > utp cable > tv2 (doesnt work) 

In this setup eveything else connected to Deco works great and fast. This is when Deco is in Router mode.

I got it to work in the same setup, but with Deco in Acces Point mode. 

Do you know what I have to do in my initial router (provider) to direct forward it to Deco, so I can use Deco as a router?

Thanks a lot!

Options
Re:Re:Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2019-09-04 01:53:13

@StijnDeco 

Thanks for your reply.

1. Try to disable the antivirus feature via the Deco app;

2. Please verify the IP address and gateway of the TV receiver.

3. Any special settings need to do to make it work per TV's tech supports' advice? Like port forwarding? Below is the instruction to open port on the Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/

Note: While cause there is an initial router existed, you need open the port for the Deco at the same time to create a tunnel for the receiver if needed. 

4. Besides, have you ever tried to configure the initial router as bridge mode and Deco M5 as main router to avoid the double NAT issue? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2019-09-04 07:46:04

Hi again,

Thanks for your help.

I think I understand what to do, will try that tonight! 

To answer your questions; I did nog change anything earlier in my router like portforwarding, so the settings should be nothinh strange.

I will try step 3 (open ports) and 4 (using initial router as bridge) later and let you know!

Thanks, Stijn

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2019-09-05 02:17:01

@StijnDeco 

Hello Stijn, just take your time to test it.

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My TV receiver doesn't work after installing Deco
2021-12-12 18:01:53

@StijnDeco help, 

Similar issue. Did bridge mode work?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 6