Connecting my TP Link router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 20:14:03
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have purchased a new router recently, as the current one in my shared house does not reach all the areas of my floor. So, I thought by buying one of these routers I could connect this to the internet then I would be able to have a better connection. This is the first time I have done this, I presumed it should be straight forward for me to set up as this is what all the reviews of the product told me. 

After opening the box and reading through the manuals, it appears this is not the case?

What I would like to know is, if the internet for the house already has one router connected to it via cable, is it then possible to connect another router? If so, is it possible for this to be connected wirelessly? 
Is it possible to simply plug this new router into the wall and then connect it to an internet source wirelessly then it be free to us? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting my TP Link router.
2019-09-03 02:31:24

@Paulsb96 

What is the new router you bought to extend the wifi range?

Usually, we can add another router/access point into the existing network to extend the network; if the router supports range extender/repeater mode or WDS bridge feature, we can connect it to the main router by wireless to extend the network. 

Besides, except the router, there are some other network expansion devices, like access point, range extender and the powerline adapters.

Note: The performance of the powerline adapters are affected by the actual powerline environment a lot.So please ensure that the whole house running under the same power circuit.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options