Not connecting to router 5G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 23:41:59
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The extender had a period of not being used. When I plug it back in; it is only picking up the 2.4GHz signal and the blue light for the 5GHz does not come on. 

There has been a change in my house setup that is; I have a new internet provider and have gone from broad band in Australia to the NBN network. The router has remained the same.     I have followed the instructions for pressing the WPS buttons on both the router and the extender but this has not worked. I want resetting my router and nbn to be the last resort as I do not want to disrupt the household set up if at all possible, as it is working well. Really appreciate help for me to connect to 5GHz network. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not connecting to router 5G
2019-09-03 02:55:35

@mummaS 

Cause the RE305 is a dual band extender, you need press the WPS button twice to build up connection of 2.4GHz and 5GHz both.

You can ghive it a go;

Or you can login to the web UI of the RE305 and use the main router's wifi password to set it up manually. Instruction as below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 1

Related Articles