Unable to connect to a network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-03 22:28:58
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased this pcie network adapter. Everything was fine until I tried to connect when I found out that for some reason it could not connect to any network even though it was picking them up. I have tried to follow the tutorials for this but my driver disk does not contain the files necessary to complete the final step. I have restarted the computer more than once and tried the adapter in both the pciex4 slot and the designated NIC slot on my motherboard. I have also tried to install Realtek drivers as I heard somewhere that this adapter used Realtek hardware. Any help? Or a link to the proper .inf files please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to a network
2019-09-04 03:46:24

@GingetTomcat 

What is the operating system of your computer? 

Is there any error message if it cannot connect to the available wireless network? 

Try to change the wireless settings of the main router to give it a go. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Unable to connect to a network
2019-09-04 12:09:21

OS is windows 10 and the message just appears in the connection dialogue, it simply says “unable to connect to network”

What settings do you think i should change on my router? I don’t want to ruin my network by turning random things on and off.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to connect to a network
2019-09-05 01:36:35

@GingetTomcat 

With the error message pops up, try to delete the profile on the Windows 10 PC and reconnect to it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

Still the same, you can try to change the wireless name and wireless channel of the main router; theoretically, it won't ruin the network.

Besides, below is the chipset of the TL-WN881ND V2, you can search the public driver online and give it a go.

Realtek RTL8192EE-CG

May it help and have a good day. 

Options