Deco e4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco e4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco e4
Deco e4
2019-09-04 08:43:49 - last edited 2019-09-04 16:14:58
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: E4

I have installed e4 as a router in tre middle of the house in the Office room. It gives a speed of 65 mbps in the living room, and in the kitchen.

the childrens room is next to the kitchen, and there is a speed of 40 mbps. I then place no 2 E4 in the kitchen. In the kitchen there is still 65 mbps, but in the childrens room, there is still only 40 mbps. Should it not be close to 65 mbps in childrens room, when no 2 is placed close to.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco e4
2019-09-05 02:08:49

@Lundeborg 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

With the device in childrens room connected to the Deco network, please click here to verify its wireless negotiation speed. 

Then try to reboot the whole system and let the device rescan the wireless network and connect to the closer Deco unit.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Deco e4
2019-09-06 14:18:59

I have a modem, where wifi is turned OFF. Then the first Deco is wired to the modem as a router and the second deco is placed in the kitchen

close to the childrens rooms. The second deco is NOT wired, but is set up in the deco app. I have tried reboot, but it does not help. I cannot change channel in the deco app.

Options
Re:Re:Deco e4
2019-09-06 14:55:12
Can I change Channel in another webadress instead of using the app?
Options
Re:Re:Deco e4
2019-09-09 01:59:06

@Lundeborg 

So the current network diagram is modem--main Deco )))((( slave Deco, right? 

The Deco app does not have the option to choose channel manually, while we have received the same request and reminded our R&D team.

Back to your case, have you ever tested the wireless negotiation speed of your device in children's room?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Besides, try to turn off the main Deco and turn on the 2nd Deco only and ensure that the device in the children's room has connected to the slave Deco, then turn on the main Deco.

After that, please verify the speed it can get. 

Or you can try to swap the locations of the 2 Decos. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1070

Replies: 4

Related Articles