TP-Link Archer C6 does not assign IP address after WOL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-04 11:34:24
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190115 rel.71848(4555)

Dear Community,

I am facing a strange problem with the mentioned router. In LAN I use Synology DS215j NAS that regularly updates Synology DNS > public DNS. Thus I am able to reach my router from outside via IP as well as alias.

For the NAS I set up:

1. permanent IP (Network > DHCP Server: client name (optional) + MAC address + IP address).

2. IP & MAC binding (Security > IP & MAC Binding: ARP Binding ON, MAC address + IP address).

During the setup I needed to turn off ARP Binding, otherwise the error message "The to-be-added address already exists.". Then turn the ARP Binding ON.

3. port forwarding (NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers)

When NAS is OFF, I am able to send from internet a WOL packet to router that wakes up the NAS. But then I am not able to reach NAS because it did not get the IP address. In router Administration website there is no active connection to the NAS despite the fact it is wired and turned on. When I restart the router while NAS already ON, NAS gets its IP and I am able to reach it.

Do you have any clue why that IP issue might happen? In other forum I read that using permanent IP + IP & MAC binding is not possible on Archer C6 but then I would not be able to WOL my NAS. If using only IP & MAC binding it happens that NAS after wake up gets different IP address. And if I use only permanent IP then magic packet won't reach NAS.

Mentioned forum: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/162732?page=1&t=2019%2F06%2F13%2007%3A58%3A33%20%2B0000

Thank you in advance and many thanks.

Michal

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1853

Replies: 0