Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-05 06:22:16
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. On the router set as AP, I have set port 80 for remote control. It is connected to the LAN of the local network. If I set forward any port on the network-enabled router, e.g. 1024 -> 80 of this AP, only the incomplete login page is displayed, without the login button, and the device cannot be managed remotely. Applies to HTTP and HTTPS.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port
2019-09-06 02:17:01

@scz 

So the Archer C20 works as an access point now? Can you access the web UI with its LAN IP address and port number? 

Try to open the port for C20 on the main router, and ensure that the internet IP is a public IP address on the main router.

Please take a picture of the access page with WAN IP: port number.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port
2019-09-06 04:29:01

Yes, Archer C20 works as an access point now.

"Try to open the port for C20 on the main router, and ensure that the internet IP is a public IP address on the main router." - it's done originally (on TL-WR1043ND) and tried on couple of ports. It's typical operation. Additionally if something was wrong in formward, error will be displaying for connection.

This is full screenshot of window with hidden IP. Tried ports 1024, 80, 8080, 8081 and copule of random - all the same view.

On connecting via LAN - full success.

Additionally I tried define "Available Host (IP/MAC) for all (via 255.255.255.255) but wrong IP error message show. The same 0.0.0.0. On emulator there is an different window than archer - only "Local Management" row is available (probably that WAN port is unused).

Best regards

Sebastian

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port
2019-09-09 09:09:33

@scz 

Does Archer C20 has gateway value? Or there is only LAN IP? 

May I know why do you want to access it remotely? Without the gateway, we may not able to access it even though we opened port for it.

You can try to set it up as a regular router and access it remotely after enabled port forwarding.

Besides, the Archer C20 is more powerful than TL-WR1043ND, have you ever considered  to swap their locations? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port
2019-09-09 09:56:41

This is only LAN device. As LAN device - device anwer pings, so connect is available. Login page as You can see is partially show, so connect is available.

Administrative remote access reasons.

I can't change it as router becouse lan network needed there.

Change machines shouldn't be needed for that type of problems. Additionally do You may guarantee that change device in his function clear situation?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C20 / remote management by forwarding port
2020-04-08 02:29:59

scz ممكن صوره توضيح

Options
2020-07-23 14:42:07
I had a similar problem, when accessing remotely through the ddns it showed me the same page, but if you put the direct public IP and port the page is displayed correctly
Options
2021-02-15 18:52:44

hello

i have the same problem,

locally is no problem to login to management page,

but when i want to connect to the router by forwarded port on UBNT antenna i have only this (screen) and don't work.

The same on EC230-G1 router.

on Archer C6 everything is fine.

C20 and EC230-G1 are in access point mode

Options
2021-07-13 12:28:01 - last edited 2021-07-13 12:29:55

Hi everyone, did you solve this?

I just bought an Archer c24 (access point mode) and I cant access it by forwarding port.

My main router where I have the port forwarding rules is 841ND DD-WRT based and I also disable security/firewall options with no success.

Inside the same LAN I can access without problems.

I also tried to use pulic IP instead for DDNS.

Archer c24 is running as access point mode, ethernet cable is connected to WAN port.

If I turn it to Router_Mode I can access without problems by port forwarding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3477

Replies: 8