How to force connect to particular Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to force connect to particular Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
83 Reply
Re:How to force connect to particular Deco
2021-02-14 00:13:02

@TP-Link_Deco Although this is not a bad idea is a temporary fix and not an ideal one since clients that work with beamforming will lose the feature's benefit. As one other user in the forum suggested the solution is to enable a reject list (by MAC addr) on each deco so we can make a single deco accept the connections from an specific client and for the other decos to reject it. This is a feature that used to exist in older TP devices Accesspoints/routers 

Options
2021-02-14 00:15:36

@Tiberius Although this is not a bad idea is a temporary fix and not an ideal one since clients that work with beamforming will lose the feature's benefit. As one other user in the forum suggested the solution is to enable a reject list (by MAC addr) on each deco so we can make a single deco accept the connections from an specific client and for the other decos to reject it. This is a feature that used to exist in older TP devices Accesspoints/routers 

Options
2021-02-14 10:20:11

@Betacart Yeah, that solution doesn't work too well anyway, I still have issues with not connecting to the closest deco.

Options
2021-02-27 16:28:31

I too have this issue. I have 5 Decos properly placed in areas of the house to obtain optimal performance and it seems like a lot of the time, a device will connect to the furthest Deco. Please add this feature it will improve your product much much more. 

Options
2021-03-16 13:33:59

Is there a way to force one Deco to be connected to a specific Deco unit for mesh? Sometimes one of my Deco's connect to the farthest Deco unit instead of the one having a much stronger and faster signal. 

Options
2021-05-12 01:07:49

@Kevin_Z Please add me to the list of people that wants this...

I experience the same problem with network clients connecting to nodes far away though signal is weak.

And I´m using Deco X60 recently bought (March -21) and nothing has happened with this software issue since 2019....

BR

Options
Re:How to force connect to particular Deco-Solution
2021-05-12 01:45:53 - last edited 2021-09-17 02:05:31

@Larra-Gurra 

Hi, the later firmware 1.6.x would allow manually selecting which Deco unit to connect for the clients;

And it would also allow manually selecting the signal source of satellite Deco units;

This firmware would be released on the Deco M5 first;

[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-13 12:23:13

@TP-Link 
Awesome news! Any idea when it will be released for deco M5 and when for the deco M4?

Options
2021-05-15 12:36:21

@TP-Link 

Waiting for M9 Plus....

Options
2021-05-17 03:24:58

@MorrisAGE 

Hi, I don't get the updated news about the exact date of the firmware 1.6.0 yet and will update it here with any good news later;

If you guys don’t mind, please leave me a private message as well after posting here, which would be counted for a regular basis and reported to the senior engineers;

Thank you.

Options
Related Articles