This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-07 07:22:48
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Recently I have a problem in my tp link deco app, whenever I open the app it says my phone or tablet is offline. I am connected to my Wi-fi network, and can use it.. so that isn"t the problem.

I have tried to re install the app without succes, tried logging off and relogging on the app, same result. No idea what's causing this problem...

The app says latest versions have been installed, and network works fine.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

File:
Screenshot_20190907-092045_Deco.jpgDownload
Options
5 Reply
2019-09-10 05:57:16

@Elglade 

What is the current APP version and the software version of the Deco M4?

With the error message pops up, can you ping the gateway of the Deco M4 which is 192.168.68.1 by default.

Besides, have you ever tried to change another smart phone to access the Deco app?

Or you can enable the cellular data on your smart phone and turn off the wifi to access it remotely and verify whether it works.

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-17 09:10:26

Hi @Elglade, I have the exact same issue today. Connected to the correct WiFi, can access all sorts of resources on the Internet, yet the app says I am not connected. (How) did you ever get this resolved? Thanks in advance. Anko

Hi @Elglade, ik heb precies hetzelfde probleem. Ben verbonden met het juiste WiFi netwerk, ik kan allerlei resources op het interet benaderen, maar toch zegt de app dat ik niet verbonden ben. (Hoe) heb jij dit ooit op kunnen lossen? Bijvoorbaat hartelijk dank, Anko

Options
2020-08-17 12:14:18

@Anko_Wolf 

Hi there,

I had the problem resolved by disconnecting the power from the main deco, wait a minute, and plug it back in. Causing it to reboot than I had my acces back to the app, and I think I had a firmware update waiting for me then.

Hope this helps for you!

Options
2020-08-17 12:17:54

@Elglade , thank you. I will try this. Requires a bit of planning, as it is not just me ;-)

Options
2020-08-17 12:44:14

@Elglade Thank you. This did the trick. And indeed, after that the system started upgrading the firmware.

Thanks again, Anko 

Options