2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works
2021-01-22 03:08:55

@Mujahed 

Hello, the issue you are reporting may not be the same as others in this thread, it is suggested to discuss it on the below sub-forum:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/123

If the signal is not stable, you can try to modify the wireless settings on the MR6400 first, you can refer to this article to eliminate the interference that may affect the wireless signal:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-24 10:38:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. I upgraded my Archer C6 EU with beta firmware, but issue with 2.4GHz network still exists. It is on both networks: normal and for guests. After couple hours I am unable to connect to those networks, after router reboot it starts working again for couple hours. I am trying with my laptop, phones (android and iPhone). Also my smart home devices using 2.4GHz network and they become disconnected. 5GHz network working without issues.

Router is broadcasting 2.4GHz networks all they time, just I can't connect.

I tried changing 2.4GHz network settings as described in FAQ, but it didn't help.

Options
2021-01-25 07:44:21

@fedcaptain 

Hello, if the 2.4G wireless connection is not stable on the C5400, please try some basic modifications and see if any helps:

1. Can you confirm if the 2.4G signal is disappearing, or it just drops, but you can still see it? How many devices need to be connected to the 2.4G network, are they dropping at the same time?
2. How did you recover the connection? Do you need to restart the C5400 by powering it off then on?
3. Please check and try to change the 2.4G wireless settings on the C5400 web page, run a Wi-Fi analyzer to verify which 2.4G channel is clearer, then try the channel on the C5400 to that one. You can also change channel width to 20MHz, change security to WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot it and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-25 07:50:43

@mskupin 

How many devices are connected to the C6 2.4G network? Are they disconnecting at the same time? Are they any error message when they failed to reconnect?

After upgraded to the beta firmware that we provided previously, have you disabled the Onemesh feature on it? You can also disable the NAT boost on the web interface (Advanced-System Tools-System Parameters).

Options
2021-01-25 09:46:33

@Kevin_Z 

At the beginning Archer C6 was used as access point, because I used my ISP router. At that time there were just few devices connected to device via WIFI.

Currently I resigned from ISP router and using my TP-Link Archer C6 as the only router and WiFi device. There are 22 devices connected via WiFi, 18 are using 2.4 GHz network (9 using normal WiFi and 9 using guest one). All devices disconnects at the same time. When I am trying to connect via phone, then it says Connecting and just drops without any error message (I don't get message, that it tries to get IP address from router, etc.). I disabled Onemesh after upgrade. After your post I disabled NAT Boost.

Options
2021-01-25 11:17:45

@mskupin 

Hi, thanks for all the details. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-02-13 11:21:03 - last edited 2021-02-13 11:22:34

I am experiencing the same problem an my Archer C60.  Installed the latest firmware today but the problem persists.  It seems the 2.4GHz network just 'disappears' at times.  I have about 10 clients, mostly home automation switches, connected all the time, but they are all very low bandwidth devices. Usually I can fix the problem by disabling and the re-enabling the 2.4Ghz radio then all the clients connect again.  I have tried changing the channel, bandwidth to no avail. 

I have a suspicion the problem may be related to the number of clients since it seems to be getting worse as I add more clients. I am at the point now where I am seriously considering just dumping this router, or maybe try reflashing with openwrt

Any help wil be appreciated

Options
2021-02-14 21:23:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hey, 

Same issue for me like in the past month. I have to restart my router 3-5 times a day cuz the 2,4 channel drop down ever client. Its really annoying now and still there is jo solution what can solve this problame. 

Options
2021-02-19 02:21:02

@estassen 

Please share with us the whole system log on the Archer C60, include those before and after the 2.4G network disappears.

BTW, the tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2021-02-19 02:29:23

@Pepsi96 

Is your router Archer C6? It is suggested to upgrade the beta firmware and disable Onemesh on it, then monitor the stability:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options
Related Articles