2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:2.4Ghz network stops working, but the 5Ghz network works
2021-05-28 06:56:20

@Kevin_Z 

Same issue here.

I bought an Archer C6 two months ago.

Up until this week (23 May 2021) all worked fine: had 2 phones connected to the 2.4 network, one phone to 5 network and 2 desktop pcs via ethernet.

This week, both phones of the 2.4hz count not connect to the network. I tried moving the 3rd phone from 5 to 2.4 and it couldn't manage it as well (constantly trying to connect, but without any success, in the same room of the router).

All devices work fine if I connect them to the 5hz network.

I restarted/rebooted the router twice, which solved the issue for less than a day, and then the issue came again.

Firmware is the most updated, according to the router interface: version 1.3.6 Build 20200902

Options
2021-05-28 07:10:33

@Mark_Br 

Hi, please download the beta firmware we provided here as per the region version of your C6, then disable the Onemesh feature on it, check again if the 2.4G connection is stable:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232 (which is marked as the Recommended Solution)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-15 15:09:19

@Kevin_Z 

i recently purchased the ac1200 router. 

i am having issues with my 2.4ghz network. all devices connected to the 2.4ghz network face internet interruption. the devices remain connected to the wifi network but are not able to access the internet. this happens on all devices connected to the 24 ghz network(smartphone, laptop, tv, etc). the devices on LAN and the 5ghz network dont face any issue.

i have the latest firmware installed on the router. i even factory reset the router but am facing the same issue.

Options
2021-06-16 02:34:57

@Mdirfan 

Hi, please download the beta firmware we provided here as per the region version of your C6, then disable the Onemesh feature on it, check again if the 2.4G connection is stable:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232 (which is marked as the Recommended Solution)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-19 08:05:04

@Kevin_Z 

I have the A6(US) ver:3.0

The beta software is for V2

Could you share the V3 version of the beta software please.

Options
2021-06-21 03:12:21

@Mdirfan 

I see. Can you please help confirm again if those devices can still get a correct IP address assigned from the router, can you ping the router gateway on the devices? Please refer to the below guide to do a ping test if they can get valid IP address when the internet no longer works:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

How many devices are connected to the 2.4G network most of the time? What if you trying to reduce some of them from the network, will it help?

Options
2021-06-25 03:15:38

@Kevin_Z 

I cant connect to the portal of the router(192.168.0.1, if that is what you are asking) when the internet goes down. I usually dont use laptops or PC on the network.

There are about 6-8 devices connected usually going upto a maximum of 10

Options
2021-06-25 08:37:58

@Mdirfan 

Yes, that is what I meant. Can you please confirm if the devices still obtain IP addresses successfully from the router? If it is a phone, you can go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then you should be able to find the IP address.

If only the 2.4G connection is unstable, it's quite possible that the 2.4G band around you is highly congested. You can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the A6.

Options
2021-06-27 07:44:56

@Kevin_Z 

My phone still has an iPhone assigned(192.169.0.230)

The wifi analyzer shows only one other wifi network which is occupying another channel

Options
2021-06-28 03:07:21

@Mdirfan 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
Related Articles