M4 setup tweak

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 setup tweak

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 setup tweak
M4 setup tweak
2019-09-10 19:51:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20190620

I have 3 x M4R's setup as follows:

Fast roaming - disabled

beamforming - disabled

Operating mode - Access point

About 16 devices connected in total to whole system

Issue:

Samsung TV - main network 2.4GHz, linked Deco = Hallway, mesh off

Samsung R6 speaker - main network 2.4GHz, linked Deco = Dining Room, mesh off

The TV & speaker & Dining room Deco are all in the same room

The Hallway Deco is further away

How do I get them all on the same Deco?

My sound is awful, sounds like its underwater

Previously all devices were connected to my Sky Q router with no problems but I want to use my Deco's

Any suggestions how to set it up better please? Or how can I get them on the same linked deco? The weak link is the Samsung speaker which only supports 2.4GHz.

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:M4 setup tweak
2019-09-11 02:27:54

@Badgermac 

To connect them to the same Deco, first, you can enable mesh first and verify whether it will switch to the Dining room Deco.

If not, it seems that the signal strength you got from the Hallway Deco does not trigger the threshold to change Deco, you can turn off the Hallway Deco first and ensure that the TV has connected to the Dining room Deco and then disable Mesh.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-11 20:14:36

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try...

Options
2019-09-12 05:53:00

@Badgermac 

You are welcome, just take your time to do the test.

Any updates, please let us know.

Wish you good luck. 

Nice day. 

Options
2019-09-16 21:03:28

@Badgermac Update

I was unsuccessful with your suggestion, I couldn't get any improvement.

I have another plan!!

I have another Deco M4 in the garage which isn't really in use so I am going to move this next to the TV & Speaker (withing 2m of both) it will be 8m from the main deco. The only issue with this is I dont have ethernet connection at this point so can I connect this Deco to the main Deco via wi-fi?

I've turned it on, got the blue flashing but no further progress, it doesn't show up in the app...

Am I trying the impossible?

Thanks in advance

Options
2019-09-16 21:45:05

@Badgermac 

Further progress since last message

I moved the wi-fi connected deco closer to the main deco and it connected and joined the setup.

I turned the hallway deco off and the TV moved to the main Deco along with the speaker.

My challenge now is to get both the TV and speaker onto the new wi-fi connected Deco but I cant turn the main Deco off so they jump over!

Options
2019-09-18 08:13:58

@Badgermac 

Hello, thanks for your clarification. 

For your information, there is no option to force client to connect to some specific Deco yet, what we can do is that connect the client to the Deco first and then disable the mesh technology via the Deco app.

May I know why cannot you turn off the main Deco? Otherwise, you can turn it off and connect the TV and speaker to the wifi-connected Deco and disable mesh. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2300

Replies: 6

Related Articles