Archer C20 (ES) used as a access point: error on reconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-11 01:01:59
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9

Recently I bought some Archer C20 routers, one to use it as an access point and the other ones are used as range extenders (because I need to connect by wire some networks devices that needs to enter a network and ONLY can support cable connection, i'm using it a a WiFi Bridge).

When I connect the first connection, works fine, sometimes two or three of them works fine, but after a power failure, every router can't reestablish the WiFi Connection. Everything happens in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections (the link is dual). I've tried another router from another vendor, and has the same issue, and a lot of inestability.

The site that have all this intallation has a very saturated 2.4 GHz band, so is a better choice to use 5 GHz. In both cases, codification for WiFi pass is WPA2. All the IPs needed in this project are fixed. And is still very unstable.

All advice for this project will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C20 (ES) used as a access point: error on reconnections
2019-09-11 03:00:37 - last edited 2019-09-11 03:01:29

@RoConde 

How many Archer C20 do you have in total? 

What is the current network diagram? Please mark that how do they connect to each other and the operation mode.

After the power failure, please click here to check the IP and gateway with your computer connected to the Archer C20, try to ping the gateway of the main router and show us the results. 

In the meantime, how do you make it back to work after the power cut?

Good day. 

Options
Re:Archer C20 (ES) used as a access point: error on reconnections
2019-09-11 12:06:38

@Kevin_Z I have 6 C20s.

The topology is ths one:

192.168.1.1 => Main Router, afther that an 5 port switch who has 4 more computers connected. IPs: 192.168.1.110,127,128,129. In this level connects 192.168.1.120/24 => Access Point, the first C20. I've tried another router from another vendor, with the same results, later 192.168.1.121/24 to 125/24 => Clients, C20. Each one has a wired client with matching IP 130 to 134.

All the IPs are FIXED and DHCP turned off, except on main router.

When I try to ping every IP from 121 to 124, is a random result. Sometimes has a good connection, with ping in order to 1 to 2 ms, sometimes lags to 1 to 2 seconds. And most of the time both routers and clients are unreachable.

Is important to say that the place where my network is installed, is heavy crowded on 2,4 and 5 Ghz bands. There is almost 40 wireless networks here.

When I turn on everything again after a power failiure, routers can't reach by themselves the wireless connection, and needs to establish them manually again from their administration page.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 865

Replies: 2

Related Articles