It took me a while to figure out what was causing the problem.
I live in a 2-story apartment, and when someone uses a phone or a laptop in a distant room, my wireless connection gets unstable.
This is my PC (connected to Wi-Fi) - ping my router while I walk away with my phone while watching a live stream:
I have tried updating the firmware, and it says it is up to date.
- Channel width is at 20 MHz;
- Transmission power is marked as "high";
- 2.4 GHz mode is at 802.11b/g/n;
- Channel is 11 (which is the best here);
- QoS - priority for my PC is set to "high";
- DoS protection is off;
- Beacon interval is set to 100;
- RTS Threshold is set to 2346;
- DTIM interval is set to 1.
Does anybody know how to solve this?
Please let me know if I need to provide additional info.
Thanks in advance!