TL-WA801ND - mysterious 'no internet connection'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-12 20:56:04
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150422 Rel.54631n

Hi 

I hope someone can help me. This AP (one of  several in my set up) started malfunctioning a week or so ago. Though devices (PC laptops and Android phones) could make the wireless connection, all devices reported 'no internet connection'. I also found that I couldn't access the management pages. I forced a factory reset and updated the firmware to the most recent version (as recorded above). I have changed the IP address to auto  and successfully connected to it both wirelessly and to the management panel (whether connected via the wireless or any other means). 

I can ping the device and I have been able to ping other devices from the diagnostic pages of the AP. I can ping internal devices, the router's internal address and my external DNS servers. So everything suggests that the device is working. However, when I connect to it wirelessly, my connected devices continue to report 'no internet' and I can't (for instance) access Google or other web pages when connected this way. Those pages are immediately available when I connect via other APs in my network or via an ethernet connection.

I am struggling to reconcile all this conflicting information. The AP just connects to the network (which it apparently does) doesn't it? How might it be filltering outbound (via the WAN) traffic? Is this a problem with the WAN or a problem with my PC/Android devices recognising it? 

Any thoughts, anyone? I'd be most grateful

Paul

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA801ND - mysterious 'no internet connection'
2019-09-18 09:25:36

@Paul-int-Dales 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

With 801ND connected to the main router, please connect your computer to the 801ND and click here to check the IP address and gateway of it. 

Besides, have you ever tried to turn off the smart DHCP and assign a static IP for the TL-WA801ND and verify whether it works.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3636

Replies: 1