DECO M9 and Vive VR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M9 and Vive VR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M9 and Vive VR
DECO M9 and Vive VR
2019-09-14 14:15:14 - last edited 2019-09-18 07:51:45
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just set up a DECO M9 Plus Mesh in router mode linked to my Archer VR600 router. I have a Wifi printer connected to the DECO network.

I also have a PC connected to my VIVE VR Setup. This uses a TPCAST wireless adapter.

My main LAN is a 192.168.1.0  network, The TPCAST uses a 192.168.144.0 network which routes through to my main network no problem. The new DECO setup uses a 192.168.68.0 network. This too routes from my main 192.168.1.0 network with no problem. 

My issue is accessing my printer (on the DECO network) from my VIVE PC (on the TPCAST network). It just won't!

Essentially I have 3 LANs: LAN A, LAN B, LAN C.

LAN A routes to LAN B and LAN B routes to LAN C but I can't get LAN A to route to LAN C

Can anyone help?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DECO M9 and Vive VR-Solution
2019-09-17 02:19:51 - last edited 2019-09-18 07:51:45

@TP-DW 

Thanks for your reply.

In summary, the current network diagram is like Archer VR600(192/168.1.0 router mode but with wifi off) -- (WAN port) P CAST (192.168.144.0)--PC

--Deco M9 plus (192.168.68.0)--printer. 

It is normal that the printer and PC cannot access each other cause they are in the different subnet. 

You can try to open the port for the printer on the Deco M9 plus and use the PC  to acces it, vice versa.

Or you can connect the PC to the Deco M9 plus directly and make them in the same subnet so that they can access each other . 

Or you can connect the TP cast to the Deco M9 plus and configure it as an access point. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO M9 and Vive VR
2019-09-16 02:21:17

@TP-DW 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

What is the current operation mode of Archer VR600? Is it bridge or modem router now? 

With VIVE PC connected to the Deco M9 plus directly, can you access the wifi printer? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-16 08:19:51

@TP-DW 

Hi

I have 3 Networks, A, B, C

Network A (192.168.1.0). This is my main, wired network and is connected to the internet

Network B (192.168.144.0) Is my TP Cast/Vive  Headset Network. It's WAN port is wired to Network A

Network C (192.168.68.0) Is my DECO M9 Network. It is wired to Network A Using one of the 2 Ethernet ports on the DECO unit. There appears to be no WAN port as such on the DECO 

So, B and C are each wired to A but there is no direct connection between B and C 

Networks B and C can each access teh internet and connected devices on Network A

I have the PC running the Vive wired into Network B

I have a Canon Printer connected wirelessly to Network C

I am trying to get the PC on B to connect to the Printer on C

I hope this is clear

Options
Re:DECO M9 and Vive VR-Solution
2019-09-17 02:19:51 - last edited 2019-09-18 07:51:45

@TP-DW 

Thanks for your reply.

In summary, the current network diagram is like Archer VR600(192/168.1.0 router mode but with wifi off) -- (WAN port) P CAST (192.168.144.0)--PC

--Deco M9 plus (192.168.68.0)--printer. 

It is normal that the printer and PC cannot access each other cause they are in the different subnet. 

You can try to open the port for the printer on the Deco M9 plus and use the PC  to acces it, vice versa.

Or you can connect the PC to the Deco M9 plus directly and make them in the same subnet so that they can access each other . 

Or you can connect the TP cast to the Deco M9 plus and configure it as an access point. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-09-17 08:22:04

@TP-DW Thanks for your advice. i think putting the PC onto the DECO network via a wifi dongle might be simplest

Options
2019-09-18 07:51:18

@TP-DW 

Thanks for your reply.

It is indeed the simplest/easiest way to make them access each other by putting PC to the Deco directly. 

You can give it a go and make them work.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 904

Replies: 5

Related Articles