Konx KW03 smartbell not working with deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-14 16:18:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.31 Build 20190617 Rel 47476

It seems there is a problem with audio. Everything works but there is only one way communication with audio.I cannot hear the person behind the door but he can hear me.I have adjusted the system to AP and main network to 2.4 Ghz as the smart bell works only with 2.4Ghz. I am sure that it has to do with settings of deco as I had a normal router before and I did not have this problem. I have installed the deco system for a better coverage and a more stable system. Could you please help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Konx KW03 smartbell not working with deco M5
2019-09-16 02:46:05

@Louxue 

Theoretically, the Deco M5 won't affect the performance of the smartbell, instead, it just provides wireless network for them to get internet. We can do some troubleshooting to locate and fix it.

You can double check the audio function on the smartbell system first. 

Meanwhile, you can hard reset and reinstall the smartbell to give it a shot.

Still the same, you can contact the tech support of the smartbell to get some help cause they are more professional about their product. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-24 18:30:54

@Kevin_Z 

I am still corresponding with the manufacturer. Till now no one offered a solution. This problem started when I installed TP Link Deco 5. Whilst it improved the wifi signal with all other devices, there seems to be a problem with smart bells. I know that there were problems with ring doorbells and it seems you solved it out. I would appreciate if you could advise me with a solution as well.

Thanks.

Options
2019-09-25 07:37:20

@Louxue 

Thanks for your reply, below are some suggestions but we are not sure whether they can help you solve this issue. 

1. With smartbell connected to the TP-Link wireless network, please turn off the mesh technology via the Deco app.

2. If the Deco works in router mode, please disable fast roaming and setup application QoS as standard and clear all the high priority rules to give it a go. 

3. Try to turn off the antivirus software on the Deco app. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 3