Cannot Connect Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot Connect Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot Connect Extender
Cannot Connect Extender
2019-09-15 11:12:22

I have just bought an AC750 RE200 range extender and attempted to connect to my dual band wifi.  I have tried via he router and via pc.  Now when I plug the extender in all lights are lit including 2.4G and 5G except for the main WPS light.  It flashes for a while then stays off.  My guess is that it's not connected but I don't know.  I cannot log in to find what is going on as nothing appears.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Ideally I want to remove any link/software completely from my system/network and try all over again but cannot find how to.  Almost at the pont of trashing the extender up against the wall.  :)

Many thanks

Stewart

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Connect Extender
2019-09-16 06:29:44

@Stewart1966

WPS led turns off means that the WPS connection has been established for more than 5 minutes or WPS connection failed. 

Whill all the other leds come on, which means that the extender should be working fine now.

If you use the WPS button to configure it, you won't detect the wifi name of the extender cause it copied the main router's wireless settings.

You can login to the web UI of the main router to get the IP address of the RE200 and use it to access the web UI. 

May it help and have a good day.. 

Options
2019-09-16 18:13:45
Many thanks. However, the WPS button did not stay lit at any time during the set up process and still does not although all the user videos I've seen show it staying lit which is why I'm unsure if it is connected. I have found the IP address for the RE200 but have no idea what to do with it. How can I confirm that the extender is definately connected without the WPS button staying lit?
Options
2019-09-17 06:10:16

@Stewart1966 

You can connect a computer to the RE200 by wired cable and verify whether you can access internet.

If so, that means the extender work properly.

And you can use the IP address to access the web UI and change the wifi settings if you like.

Note: WIth computer connected to the RE200, open a web browser and enter the IP address of RE200 to login.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 3

Related Articles