Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
81 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"
2019-12-08 17:13:31
Just the same as me. Fire 7 loses connectivity, and fire stick works flawlessly. I though i was the only one with that issues. I'm almost 100% sure its deco firmware but in mi case, its P9 units (not on the cheap side BTW)
Options
2019-12-08 17:31:48 - last edited 2019-12-08 17:34:48

(@Robincete 

Did you check the chipsets on all devices? Because on my case, all my mobile devices that work have a qualcomm chip inside; however, the nokias 2.2 are the only ones with issues and also the only ones with a mediatek chip. Maybe the wifi drivers are crap on the mediatek, or the deco's (they also have qualcomm inside) do not like to talk with these...

Options
2019-12-08 17:50:35 - last edited 2019-12-08 17:52:02

@VCL 

Thats a nice point. All of these have mediatek. if so, Tp-link engineers didnt test any of those devices?

Edit: Fire stick has a mediatek CPU too. No trouble with this.

Options
2019-12-17 13:19:14

@VCL 

Hi,

Same issue here with same Deco M4R V1, same firmware.

Bought 2 M4's because the Wifi coverage with one home router was not enough. Since then the user experience is even more worse because some clients shows connected to the Wifi, but have no internet. For example there are two iPhone 6S phones. The one has almost always problems, the another not. LG Smart TV has problems too.

Hardware V2 has newer firmware, but V1 not. Can we expect for a new and good FW for HW V1 in the near future?

Options
2019-12-17 15:54:19 - last edited 2019-12-17 16:01:36

fhile I had one test where there were no issues with the nokia 2.2 (luck? Only 3 devices were connected to my wifi, that had a channel 6 and 20Mhz forced by tp-link support - this has changed to the defaults again of the deco deciding everything...), the fact that several people have devices that only have issues when connected to the deco's because when connected to other non-deco wifi's or even the ISP router, have no wifi issues.

While I agree that my nokias's 2.2 android 9 has probably bugs, the fact that they only show up when conencted to the deco's also seems to point to issues with the deco's firmware (openwrt also has several bugs), a router wifi should be a standard nowadays and just work flawlessly, within or outside of a mesh network.

I hope tp-link does further tests with more devices and try to figure out why so many different devices have issues with the deco's (and not only the M4R, the foruns have issues reported by differente devcies and different deco versions). I do hope they bring more stability to the M4R v1 with future releases, and with a newer firmware also the option to select, at least, the width (20Mhz or 40Mhz) and channel nr. (1-13) of the 2,4Ghz wifi.

Options
2020-02-01 20:00:37

More than 3 months now with the tp-link and with the nokia 2.2's and nothing is solved.

I am really getting fedup of both brands now, how hard is for tp-link to get their hands on a cheap nokia 2.2 and try ot figure out why it does not work, not only would be helping me but also all those guys that also have other handsets that also have the same issues.

The wifi n networks on 2.4Ghz are so old now, but so standard that they should just... work!

Options
2020-02-02 10:48:06

@VCL Things have improved for me since using ethernet backhaul to link the M4 units with fast roaming disabled.  Alexa devices now behaving with no drops.

I suspect that the devices reporting WiFi but no internet were connecting to the non-router M4 and the WiFi backhaul to the router MR4 was iffy.

I do need the guest network for IoT and luckily had vlan capable switches between the two, otherwise guest network won't work at all.

Hope this helps someone.

Options
2020-02-02 12:30:38

@VCL your deco network have ipv6 enable? If yes, try disable ipv6 and check if solve your problem. I have a lot of problems with ipv6 when enable. 

Options
2020-02-02 13:06:43 - last edited 2020-02-02 13:07:45

@leogz 

Everything was tried, I always have/had ipv6 off, vlan off, iptv off, sip alg off, fast roaming off. Tried fixed ips (phone, router, both) and nothing works for me.

The only time were it worked I think was a lucky one: second unit turned off (only main on), at 3m from router, using fixed channel (6) and width (20Mhz, both fixed by support and it does not stick, next reboot and back to auto), during the day (no neighbours and thus less interference from their wifi's), only 3 devices in my home connected... Never ever was this replicated again.

Options
2020-02-02 13:15:03
I already gave up. If a had bought P9 on amazon, i could have made a refund. Too bad i bought on a second hand forum. Now in my home I need to activate the router ISP wifi to give conection to fire 7 and some mediatek Phones and the deco wifi to expand coverage to other rooms. Ridiculous....
Options
Related Articles