Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
81 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"
2020-07-09 10:21:22

@VCL 

Hi,

Thanks for your valued update, glad to hear that the connection is much better with this new version. 

There is some display modification on the new beta firmware, and you may have some features that were not supported in the previous version.

Have a nice day. 

Options
2020-07-09 10:28:57

@MiguelB 

Hello,

The new official firmware is under testing and will be available in a few weeks, please keep an eye on the Deco app for new updates.

Good days.

Options
2020-07-19 13:50:26

@TP-Link_Deco Looking forward to this. 

Sounds like the same issue I've been suffering with a couple of older devices - connected to 2.4GHz, and after a while will get in a state where they're connected, but no traffic. I can't connect to the tplink address, my dns, or route internet traffic. After reconnecting to the wifi it sometimes recovers, and sometimes takes a few gos. It gets into an intermediate state where I can reach the Internet (e.g. nslookup server 1.1.1.1), but not other hosts on my LAN. After messing around for a while it resolves itself.... 

Have set to Access Point, the Fast Roaming for the device to no avail, and now disabling the beamforming in the hope it resolves it. 

However, mine is an E4R on version 1.1.1 (build 75120). Hopefully we're getting a release for that too? 

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@MiguelB 

Hello,

The new official firmware is under testing and will be available in a few weeks, please keep an eye on the Deco app for new updates.

Good days.

Options
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"-Solution
2020-07-23 12:54:54 - last edited 2020-07-24 10:58:56

Just saw that version 1.4.0 Build 20200628 Rel. 48846 is now ready to dowload and install (Deco M4 v1)

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-24 10:58:42

Installed, tested the nokia 2.2 with a youtube, after 45 minutes had no network loss, good pings, approved :)

Finally my thread can be closed!

Options
2020-07-27 18:56:10

@VCL 

I had the same problem with a chinese tablet connect to the mesh network.

It disconnected after a few minutes and then took some more minutes to reconnect and then disconnected after a few minutes and so on.

I'm glad to inform that the new firmware update repair this bug and the tablet doesn't disconnect at all

(check it for about 45 minutes and everuything went fine!)

Thanks for the firmware update!

Options
2020-08-12 19:06:38

@VCL 

9 months without any update and we had the 1.4.0 update and now, just after 2 weeks another one?!

I just saw that I have 1.4.2 build 20200727 Rel. 37987 mentioned to be installed (with "enhnaced total security" mentioned).

Any idea what this one brings?

Options
2020-08-20 12:40:04

@VCL 

Hi, i have the sames problems..wifi connected to the Deco, but without internet.. how lar?

i follower every single step from the youtube video

Options
2020-08-21 10:05:57

@JackoDeco 

i just change the network cable from Deco M4 to TM unifi LAN Port 2, then everything works perfectly

( previosly was plug into LAN port 4 )

Options
2020-08-24 05:58:50

@VCL Hi, i just got my deco m4 v2 last week, just wanna ask do you guys face timeout issue when pinging to gateway or any sites? Mine was like very terrible keep getting timeout no matter how i config my network. BTU direct Deco or Dlink router+Deco both experience the same timeout issue which is very annoying. Even my Dlink-842 wifi got far more stable & wont have any timeout issue like this. Somemore we can't seperate the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wifi SSID broadcast & also can't change the channel for the wifi, come on tplink u can do better than this, please have all this settings included on the next update for the Deco Apps or we can change the settings in the default 192.168.68.1 gateway would be better, all need to be done in the apps is not for the power user.

Options
Related Articles