Firmware Downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware Downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware Downgrade
Firmware Downgrade
2019-09-18 03:37:44
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version: V13

Hello guys,

I want to downgrade my firmware version from V13 to V9 which was came with the router for the first time. Is it possible? If it is possible how to do it

Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware Downgrade
2019-09-18 08:17:57

@Raiyan_Sarker 

V13 and V9 are the hardware version, unlike firmware version, the hardware version cannot be upgraded/downgraded. 

And for the firmware upgrading, the firmware version need match its own hardware version and country version.

May it help and have a good day.

Options
2019-09-18 12:12:44
Well, I just want to now can I downgrade my firmware. When I bought the router, it came with V9 firmware. Then I upgraded it in V13. Now I want to downgrade for some reasons. Is it possible to downgrade?
Options
2019-09-19 05:48:27

@Raiyan_Sarker 

If the original hardware version is V9, but you install the firmware for V13, it is not suggested to downgrade the firmware for V9, it may ruin the router; 

Per I said before, the firmware need match the hardware version, otherwise it may make the router faulty. 

You can verify the hardware version and current firmware version to make a decision.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6000

Replies: 3

Related Articles