Replace BT Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Replace BT Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Replace BT Router
Replace BT Router
2019-09-18 20:58:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - any advice on using the Deco M5 as a router (replacing my BT Home Hub?). If I plug the Deco in 'out of the box' into the BT Hub, both the BT Hub and Deco issue IP addresses causing conflicts with wired and wifi devices. If I switch the Deco to access point only I lose parental controls.

I would like to use the Deco as a router and remove the BT Hub. But cant get this to work. Tried PPPoE and broadband password from the BT router

Thanks

Gro

Options
1 Reply
Re:Replace BT Router
2019-09-19 01:35:51

@GrahamR 

Try to connect your computer to the modem/internet source directly and remove the BT router, then please setup a PPPoE connection on your computer with the username and password from BT and verify whether it works. Below is the instruction: here we take Windows 10 as example. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

If it works, you can connect the Deco to the modem and connect computer to the other LAN port of Deco and configure it, this time, please clone the MAC address.

If not, please contact BT to confirm the username and password and verify is there any other configuration parameters needed.

Besides, you can configure the BT router as bridge mode and connect Deco to it and make Deco as the main router to give it a go.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3340

Replies: 1

Related Articles