Deco M5 in bridge (pass-through) mode injects it's IP as the Default IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-18 22:01:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

This issue is related to SMART DHCP.

During the time my router takes to reload, the Deco M5 starts handing out itself as the default gateway on the correct network.

That would be fine if it actually proxied those packets to the router once it reloaded but there are 2 issues with this behavior:

1. The M5 that starts handling itself as the Default Gateway doesn't proxy that packets to the gateway when the router comes back up.

2. The M5 does not release advertising itself even after the router comes up. (when I do a renew I still come back with M5 default gateway)

How do I disable this behavior?

Blessings, Martin
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in bridge (pass-through) mode injects it's IP as the Default IP
2019-09-19 01:44:22

@Malchambar 

Hello Martin, we received some similar cases recently, but we failed to reproduce it at our lab. If possible, please provide more details so that we can do further analysis and locate the issue to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? What is the model number of the main router? 

2. When the Deco take over the DHCP server, what is the IP and gateway obtained by your computer with it connected to the Deco directly? Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

3. Have you ever tried to configure the Deco M5 as the main router? Does it work properly? 

4. With main router--Deco--PC, you can install the wireshark on your computer and catch the packets between them and send it to us.

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1405

Replies: 1