Deco M4 problems after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-19 09:36:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372

After firmware upgrade to 1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372 i'm having disconnection issues and after it happens Ethernet port locks itself to 100 mbps, after i remove and reattach the cable it returns to gigabit but then after some time router again freezes for lets say 5-7 seconds or sometimes 5-7 minutes and after it unfreezes its locked to 100 mbps.

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware ? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 problems after firmware upgrade
2019-09-19 17:30:58

Can anyone maybe help?

Either i'm going crazy or routers seems to work worse every day....

Options
2019-09-20 01:27:57 - last edited 2019-09-20 02:29:49

@Vesparion 

Cause the new firmware has added some new features, we cannot downgrade it to the old firmware via the web UI directly. 

And if possible, we can do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

2. What is the led status of the Deco when the internet disconnected? 

3. How do you know that the ethernet port locks itself to 100Mbps? Any specific symptom? 

4. Have you ever tried reboot the whole network system, hard reset the Deco M4 or swap their locations?

5. Besides, try to change another cable, like cat5e or above. 

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-20 07:02:24

@Kevin_Z 

1. Provider's "modem" connects to the Deco unit via an ethernet cable then another cable connects deco unit 1 to a switch then from that switch it goes via ethernet to deco unit 2 and some other devices, deco unit 3 connects via wifi to the network.

2. Red or blinking red

3. Speedtest shows that internet connection is around 80 mbps and provider told me via the phone that they see 100 mbps connection on my router.

4. I did swap unit 2 with unit 1 then i made unit 2 the new main unit, same problems initially it seemed less severe ( like disconnections were quick instead of lasting 5 minutes ) but then yesterday it all stopped working completly and i just surrendered and disconnected them all in order to go back to my old single Asus router setup.

5. Old router has 0 problems with this current cable, also i cannot really replace this cable without major construction work since its in the walls.

Options
2019-09-25 08:53:42

@Vesparion 

Thanks for your reply. 

From your description, the network diagram is ISP modem--Main Deco--switch--Deco unit 2 )))((( Deco unit 3. And the led became red or flashing red when the network disconnected, there may have something wrong happened.

At that time, please connect your smart phone  to the Deco's wireless network and check the IP address/gateway obtained by your cellphone; then please login to the web UI and find the IP address of each Deco. 

Try to simplify the diagram, in other word, please connect the ISP modem--main Deco only and test the network stability; 

Besides, when the speed from Deco reaches to 80Mbps, please connect your computer to the modem directly to test the wired speed you can get from it directly. 

Note: There will have reduction on speed during the data transferring/receiving process. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3579

Replies: 4

Related Articles